OSTC3, cR, sport and 2 :  heinrichs weikamp forum The fastest message board... ever.
OSTC's running hwOS 
Bluetooth Connection Issue
Posted by: Mutley ()
Date: October 28, 2017 03:57PM

Hi, can anyone point me in the right direction regarding Bluetooth connection.

I have the OSTC2, and fired up bluetooth in the menu.......it shows `Starting....Done`

I then attempt to connect to my PC,(running Win 10 Pro with the latest update).
When i add bluetooth device it asks for a pin and until I enter some random number, the connect button is grayed out. The manual tells me i do not need a pin number, but the pc tells me i do, result no connection. The add device menu, recognises the OSTC fine and I have tried to use the serial number, but no luck so far

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bluetooth Connection Issue
Date: October 30, 2017 02:01PM

Ok, now I have removed all bluetooth radio devices, and restarted. The PC once again recognises the OSTC2, but does not require a PIN to do so, but still no connection. I have com 12,13 for incoming connections and com 14 for outgoing connections, but each time I attempt to connect or download, i get the following response. DC_STATUS_NOACCESS. The OSTC screen only shows Starting.....done and service mode enabled never appears. Getting very frustrated now, so if someone can put me out of my misery, I would appreciate it.

Date: November 06, 2017 11:24AM

No solution to this problem?

Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: November 06, 2017 07:34PM

Hi,

Sorry, I've not seen this post until now.

a) The OSTC2 does not need a PIN code. The only OSTC's requiring a PIN are the first OSTC Sport with red buttons (And the pin code is 0000). If you're asked to enter a PIN something's wrong already

b) there are no known general issues with WIN10n currently. We have WIN10 here on several PC's as well and can easiliy download and upgrade any OSTC with Bluetooth

c) Try running the Companion with Administrator rights (Right click: "Run as Administrator") or try a different software like "Subsurface" (Which also can update the firmware).

regards,
Matthias

Posted by: TnT ()
Date: November 06, 2017 09:24PM

Mutley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have com
> 12,13 for incoming connections and com 14 for
> outgoing connections, but each time I attempt to
> connect or download, i get the following response.
> DC_STATUS_NOACCESS. The OSTC screen only shows
> Starting.....done and service mode enabled never
> appears.

The DC_STATUS_NOACCESS error code indicates a permission error. The fact that the ostc screen doesn't go into download or service mode confirms there is no connection established. The usual cause for this problem is that some other application has the serial port open. Because serial ports are always opened with exclusive access mode, the second application will get an access denied error.

Which application are you using? Diving Log or subsurface? If you enable the libdivecomputer logfile the actual error should be logged.

Jef

--
libdivecomputer developer
[www.libdivecomputer.org]

Date: November 09, 2017 02:15PM

Ok, I have unistalled the blutooth dongle/software and reinstalled. I can pair the OSTC 2 and I have Com 1 and Com 2 for incoming connections, with com 12 for outgoing connections. I use Divelog 6(which is up todate), but fails to connect. I have installed Subsurface, which also fails to connect. I have no other serial ports open or available and no programs running, apart from firefox. The log file shows the following:
Subsurface: v4.7.2, built with libdivecomputer v0.6.0-devel-Subsurface-branch (e177b28627a81815211abb742cbf97dc7e5330a9)
INFO: Open: name=COM12
ERROR: Access is denied (5) [in /data/src/win/libdivecomputer/src/serial_win32.c:171 (dc_serial_open)]
ERROR: Failed to open the serial port. [in /data/src/win/libdivecomputer/src/hw_ostc3.c:344 (hw_ostc3_device_open)]

So open for suggestions once again.

Posted by: glance ()
Date: November 10, 2017 01:41PM

Your system doesn't allow subsurface to talk to COM12. Why? I have no clue. Maybe there's a setting somewhere where in your bt software where you can allow it.

Another suggestion is to try to use the "native" bluetooth connection in Subsurface. Click the "Connect via Bluetooth" button and choose your device and try that. It's a different access method, which might workaround your permission problem.

//Anton

Date: November 10, 2017 02:38PM

I have tried all the different access methods in Subsurface, and I Have tried different settings, but still no change! Frustrating to say the least.

Date: November 11, 2017 10:07PM

What bluetooth stack vendor?

Then as a last exit I suggest you download your dives with [play.google.com] , and sync them to your desktop via subsurface cloud.

//Anton

Date: November 12, 2017 01:36PM

CSR Harmony Wireless, latest drivers.

As for downloading dives via play.google.com and use Subsurface cloud, this is not a solution at all. If I cant connect bluetooth to a PC or otherwise, how do I download at all?

Date: November 12, 2017 01:51PM

The link is to subsurface-mobile, A android app.

If you don't have a android device I'd suggest you try to remove CSR Harmony Wireless or plain reinstall the computer.

Your problems isn't related to either your OSTC 2 or Subsurface.

//Anton

Posted by: Jaromir ()
Date: December 10, 2017 08:23PM

Hello,

I have the same problem with my new OSTC2.

I usu Win7 profesionl.

Do you have any solutions to this problem?

Thank you.

Jaromir

Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: December 11, 2017 04:22PM

Sometimes it's required to run the Companion as administrator, Right click -> "Run as administrator".

Regards,
Matthias

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.