OSTC3, cR, sport and 2 :  heinrichs weikamp forum The fastest message board... ever.
OSTC's running hwOS 
Some translation help needed for French and Italian Firmware
Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: February 07, 2018 01:15PM

Hi,

For the next TECH stable, we still have need for some translation work. Can some native speaker help with the English texts between the " ". Please be aware that the length of the text should be as similar as possible to the English original (Also attached top this post).

Thanks in advance.

Matthias

Attachments: text_french.inc (16 KB)   text_italian.inc (16 KB)   text_english.inc (16.6 KB)  
Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some translation help needed for French and Italian Firmware
Posted by: dadefay ()
Date: February 07, 2018 05:38PM

Hello Matthias,

I do that (french text) for tomorrow.

Regards.

Didier A. Defay
Open circuit trimix diver
France

OSTC Plus #16077
- OSTC 3+ #4806
-- OSTC 3 #3999

Posted by: dadefay ()
Date: February 08, 2018 06:06PM

Hello Matthias,

I send you an email with somme french translations. Other people may have different proposals, of course.

Regards.

Didier A. Defay
Open circuit trimix diver
France

OSTC Plus #16077
- OSTC 3+ #4806
-- OSTC 3 #3999

Date: February 08, 2018 06:28PM

Hi Didier,

Thanks a lot!

I'll include it in the current repository and post a version to test here soon. Technically we need to check any menu and dive mode option with the version to see if all texts fit in.

Regards,
Matthias

Date: February 08, 2018 08:27PM

Hi,

Attached to this post is a hwOS TECH 2.97beta in French and (not yet translated) Italian.

Please have a look (As always, you can downgrade to the latest stable at any time).

regards,
Matthias

Attachments: dev_ostc3_firmware.hex (300.1 KB)  
Posted by: ClaudeDive ()
Date: February 09, 2018 01:24AM

Hello Matthias,

I send you by email my translation proposal from your .inc file for the much awaited new version v2.97 in French,hot smiley

Regards,

ClaudeDive ><)))))°> OSTC3 #2430 <°(((((><

Posted by: sharpw ()
Date: February 09, 2018 09:33AM

Matthias,

Just emailed you a proposed Italian translation. Obviously this is only one person's opinion. Happy to help with any abbreviations if any of the words are too long.

Regards,
sharpw

Date: February 09, 2018 10:00AM

ClaudeDive, Thanks for your file, too. I'll have a look what I can use. Some words you proposed (for example for tSensorFallback, tDvGauge or tdil) are too long to be used, sorry.

sharpw, thanks for the italian file. I had to shorten two texts:

"Manometro" for Gauge is too long. it should be max. 6 chars.

"Uscire?" for "Quit?" (Simulation) is one char too long. I used "Uscire" here.

The other words seem to fit in the available space.

I have attached an updated version. Please try ;-)

regards,
Matthias

Posted by: sharpw ()
Date: February 09, 2018 03:59PM

Matthias,

Most, if not all, Italian-speaking divers will be familiar with the word Gauge. It is also common on other dive computers in Italian language, so it is consistent.

Will download and have a play tonight, plus a dive with it tomorrow. Glad I could help.

Date: February 11, 2018 12:25AM

French Translation Proposals and Evolutions for OSTC v2.97

Hi Matthias,

Following v2.97 beta, you will find below my proposals,

Surface screen and OC Gas List :
- On v2.97 beta, I don't see the improvement of color for inactive gases, the ideal color would be such that the acronym "OSTC"
or the letters in front of the gases: T: Travel Gas; F: Bottom Gas; D: Deco Gas; -: Inactive Gas; ...
If this blue is possible for the symbol "OSTC" then it must be possible for Inactive gases and HWOS!

For a Tek diver: *: First Gas > doesn't really make sense, In diving Tek, we start the dive either with T: Travel Gas l or directly with F: Bottom Gas (First Gas: what is it? Gas used First, maybe the Travel Gas or Bottom Gas! In Diving Tek we uses 3 Gases, Travel, Bottom, Deco, why not call them like that and why give a fourth name?

Next screens:
- For a faster return to the surface screen with less buttons support, it would be better to have the return line at the top of each screen as on screen "Menu Raz" for example,

OC Gas Setup > Gas1:> Type: "Transit" "Travel" is clearer for a French Tek diver

Simulator:
> "Calculator Setup" French = "Config.Calculatrice" or " Config.Calcul."
> "Layout" French = "Affichage" or "Affich." or "Format"

Deco Mode:
From a scientific point of view the pressure of O2, N2 or other is noted pO2, pN2 ... it's necessarily partial in a mix, so it's not accurate to note it ppO2, ppN2, it's just a bad habit in the diving world,
In the same way for the% gases we note fO2, fN2 and not fpO2, fpN2 for a pseudo partial fraction of a gas ...
So all ppO2 and ppN2 in HWOS can be replaced by pO2 and pN2 ...
> Mode: "Gauge" is Ok for a French diver
> pO2 Setting ... evoked above ...

Settings:
> Information> "Uptime:" French = " Dern.MàJ " or " Mise à Jour " or " M.à J."
> More ...> "Waiting Time" is Ok for a French diver or in French " Temps Attente"

Hoping to help ...

Regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 11:41AM by ClaudeDive.

Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: February 11, 2018 10:42AM

Hi ClaudeDive,

the color-change has not been implemeted into the main code yet, up to now it's only in the proof-of-concept Version Matthias sent.

The designators 'first', 'travel' and 'deco' may be a little bit misleading in 'tec speech conventions', anyhow this is the HWOS' understanding: all gases tagged as 'deco' will be used when calculating the deco-schedule. The gas tagged as 'first' is simply the gas the OSTC assumes you are breathing when starting the dive (real dive and in simulator / deco calculator). The remaining 'travel' gases are gases you can manually switch to while the dive, but they are not automatically selected or used or incorporated in any dive/deco planning by the OSTC on its own. So OSTC 'travel' would be 'travel & bottom' in tec speech.
A small shortcomming is that you can not declare a deco gas as being a travel gas for the first meters, too. Either you have to configure the same tank twice on the OSTC, once as first and once as deco, or you simply let the OSTC skip the fact that you are on a "better" gas for the very first Minute(s) of the dive.

Well, the OSTC is made for the diving world... ;-) Personally, i feel very familiar with ppO2 etc. but anyhow many thanks for the explanation and the translation work. Matthias will compile the French & Italien language files for the next stable and i will then take the results over for the version thereafter.

best regards,
Ralph

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2018 10:44AM by Ralph.

Date: February 11, 2018 11:41AM

Hi,

sharpw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Will download and have a play tonight, plus a dive
> with it tomorrow. Glad I could help.

I noticed the following words missing the translation or need some changes:

For "Mostra sempre ppO2:" (Always show ppO2) we need a version that is one or two chars shorter.

"Bottone sinistra:" is also one char too long.

"Totale Immersioni:" is two chars too long.

"Velocita' Variabile:" is two chars too long.

For "Manometro" I'll revert it back to "Gauge".

"Calculator Setup", "Dive Timeout", "Sensor Check" and "Logbook" are still untranslated.

"Sensor 1" (2 and 3) are still untranslated.

I always compare with other dive computer brands what they use and I'm in contact with several other dive computer manufacturers to have more or less the same words for the same meaning. So needed are translations from the field from active divers. Even in the SI nomenclature PO2 and ppO2 can be used interchangeably. In the OSTC, we will continue to call this ppO2 (or PpO2 in French) to have a very clear discrimination to F02.

Regards,
Matthias

Date: February 11, 2018 11:53AM

Hi Matthias,

I added in French translation:

Simulator:
> "Layout" French = "Affichage" or "Affich." or "Format"

If it helps ...

regards

Date: February 11, 2018 11:04PM

Hi Ralph,

We are ok Ralph, the term "First Gas" is ambiguous, so why not call it "Bottom Gas" since it is the gas used to the greatest depth reached, how can you explain the use of two terms for the same function and the same gas ?

The term "Bottom Gas" is used in Tek Diving literature and by all the Tek divers on the planet, whereas I don't remember having met the term "First Gas" in Tek literature,

On the other hand, there is no ambiguity for "Travel Gas" and "Deco Gas" terms are perfectly clear in the literature and for all Tek divers,

We also are ok, on the use of "Travel Gas" that we integrate or not in the OSTC's programming, it remains a personal choice of each diver,

For pO2 The use of the term PpO2 given by Matthias is understandable in order to have a very clear discrimination to F02

Regards,

Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: February 12, 2018 06:33PM

Hello ClaudeDive,

i was a little bit confused about the term 'first' gas in the beginning, too. Sure it's not a tech diving term, instead and much simpler the first gas the computer will pick from the configured gases at the beginning of the dive. Yes, 'first' could be renamed to 'bottom', i would like that, too. But chances are, you lose the other halve of the OSTC users who got used to 'first' and would then wonder were it got... The nice thing on this dilemma is: i don't need to decide this! It's Matthias job, as he is the boss of HeinrichsWeikamp and i'm only a volunteer OSTC community programmer... :-))

BR
Ralph

Date: February 12, 2018 06:58PM

Hi,

"First" gas just fits better then choosing a 10/70 as "bottom" (But descending to 15m with a 50/15). I prefer to have the gas changes (Yes, even the Air breaks) logged in the computer. So "First" is the gas you start your dive with. Which is not necessarily a bottom gas (See example above).

Here are some 9 years old images showing screenshots of the OSTC 1.

"First" will stay since it's really easy to understand for all kind of different divers what this is. It's the gas you start your dive with. Simple as that smiling smiley

Regards,
Matthias

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2018 06:59PM by heinrichsweikamp.

Attachments: v124_menu_gassetup.jpg (36.5 KB)   v124_menu_gassetup_detail_more.jpg (27.7 KB)  
Date: February 13, 2018 01:59AM

Hi Matthias,

Sorry, but I do not agree, the example below highlights it,
I have a habit on engaged Trimix dives to check the setting of my OSTC by a simulation on V-Planner,
So, here is your example:

Depth 120 m - Time 11 min - GF 10/85

- 1st gas programming on OSTC 3 v2.97: according to your example with the 50/15 First at descent:
First: 50/15 - Transit: 10/70 - Deco1: 25/45 - Deco2: 50/15 - Deco3: Nx80
The OSTC gives us a DTR of 46 minutes! whom I will describe as fanciful, unless a mistake on my part ...
Notes: "Transit Gas" for me in Tek literature I don't know what it is! I know Travel Gas, Bottom Gas and Deco gas,

- 2nd programming of the gases on OSTC 3 v2.97: according to my programming without the first gas 50/15 in Travel, considering the results of DTR above,
First: 10/70 - Deco1: 25/45 - Deco2: 50/15 - Deco3: Nx80
The OSTC gives us a 139 minute DTR! which I will call coherent ...
Notes: It is clear that when you program on OSTC a Travel Gas First (here: 50/15) the calculation is wrong, in the current programming First Gas must be the Bottom Gas, reason of my request in the message previous,
Or you have to use the 50/15 in Travel gas and change it manually on the OSTC which is tedious downhill and creates a waste of time,
the ideal would be to give the choice to the diver Tek to program a Travel gas and the calculation isn't wrong, also reason of my request in the previous message,
The Travel Gas has an adjustable depth of change on the descent while the Deco Gas has a depth of change at the ascent, which justifies having two separate terms for the descent gas and the ascent gases,
The ideal also would be to be able to adjust each gas in one of the designations: Travel, Bottom, Deco, Disabled. Simple as thatsmiling smiley

- Check with V-Planner: with a conservatism of 3
Travel: 50/15 - Bottom: 10/70 - Deco1: 25/45 - Deco2: 50/15 - Deco3: Nx80
V-planner gives us a DTR of 124 mn! which I will describe as coherent with regard to my 2nd OSTC program which gives a DTR of 139 mn

As I use your example, of course I didn't work the choice of gases that could be improved ...

Hoping that this can be useful,

Regards

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2018 02:31AM by ClaudeDive.

Attachments: 20180213_000459.jpg (307.6 KB)   20180212_235920a.jpg (27.7 KB)   20180213_000419a.jpg (29.4 KB)  
Date: February 14, 2018 12:20PM

Attached is another update, now with the latest Italian translations included. I think we're pretty much done here now. Some minor issues with the compass routines and then a new stable should be ready smiling smiley

regards,
Matthias

Date: February 15, 2018 10:02AM

An another upload with some minor French changes smiling smiley

We're getting there...

regards,
Matthias

Date: February 16, 2018 10:54AM

An another one with some changes and minor fixes in Italian!

Regards,
Matthias

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.