The fastest message board... ever.

Air Integration
Posted by: deepadrenalin ()
Date: April 07, 2016 11:58AM

Dear staff,
is it thinkable to produce a OSTC4 with tank pressure integration?
Thank you
Jörg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Air Integration
Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: April 19, 2016 05:10PM

Dear Jörg.

It is thinkable but not available. We will keep you updated. Most likely via twitter or facebook - our news channels that we installed lately.

regards,
Christian

Posted by: Danny ()
Date: April 30, 2016 11:19AM

Yes, this option would be a superb update for the future.
Hope that you can manage it quickly and that it will work for the OSTC3+ also!

Posted by: chrisrms ()
Date: August 04, 2017 08:36AM

Hi,
me to, I would very much appreciate wireless air integration in for the OSTC 4! I'm used to it from Suunto EON Steel and IMHO it is such a nice feature.

Would really be great!

Thanks
Christoph

Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: August 07, 2017 04:32PM

Hi Christoph,

Honestly, it's not planned for the OSTC4 currently.

regards,
Matthias

Date: August 08, 2017 12:14PM

Hi Matthias,

yeah I know, you told me already on pm before I bought the OSTC 4 (instead of the Shearwater Perdix AI) that it's not planned currently, but as this topic is there I wanted to point out the it really would be a great feature to have!

Best regards

Christoph

Posted by: calestyo ()
Date: August 17, 2017 04:49PM

I'd really like such a feature...
The sensors could be connected via BT and the data logged.

And even better:
One could have features that do dynamic air calculation,... e.g. the OSTC could more or less accurately calculate the current SAC and based on this and the current scheduled deco stops + some configurable safety margin (e.g. 1/3 rule, or e.g. "want to leave with 50bar"winking smiley tell the diver how long he could stay at the current depth and still get out (after that time) properly.

I.e. a FTTS with air ;-)

Date: August 21, 2017 07:50AM

Yea, dynamic air calculation, SAC rate, preddiction how long at a given depth air supply lasts, etc. would really be great! Well some day perhaps ;-)

Posted by: calestyo ()
Date: August 21, 2017 04:02PM

@chrisrm
Seems the Shearwater Perdix AI can do it already,.. air integration, optimal gas time remaining, SAC based on the actual tank usage.

The Scubapro G2 has at least the air integration (as the Galileos had), but not sure whether they do the actual calculations or just show/log the pressure values.

The Ratio iX3M family also have air integration via BT,.. but again not sure about whether they just show the current value, or calculate the remaining time/etc.

Cheers,
Chris.

Date: August 21, 2017 06:00PM

@ calestyo

yeah I know that the Shearwater Perdix AI has this already but I still decided to go for the OSTC 4 ;-) So I hope this will come one day!

I had a Suunto EON before which also has it and yes, it's nice to have AI integration, SAC rate calculation, etc, etc.

Regards
Christoph

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.