feature request: better display of ascent and descent speeds
Date: September 18, 2017 03:15AM
I've had some dives now with my new OSTC4 and while it's mostly nice, the biggest deficiency (also compared to the OSTC 2 2N is the barely usable (respectively not existing) display of ascent and descent speeds.
The coloured bar is IMO too small and the actual value doesn't seem to be always displayed (in the OSTC2 I could display it starting at 4 m/min, IIRC). and if it is, then in such a small font that it's IMO unusable.
Descent speeds (which were given with negative values in the OSTC2) doesn't seem to be shown at all.
Well this isn't a showstopper, but it's IMO a huge pain in the arse, especially also when doing tec dives where exact values for ascent and descent are crucial.
I think the following changes should be considered:
- Make the colour bar bigger.
- Allow to configure at which speeds, which colour (green, yellow, red) should begin.
- Display the actual m/min value in a big font at some suitable location.
- Allow to configure starting at which speeds this should be displayed (at all) ... AND also whether the same colour schema should be used as with the bar.
- Display descent rates as negative values.
- One could e.g. make colour bar visualisation for descent using different shades of blue, with darker blue (and longer bar) meaning higher descent speed. Again, the use should then e.g. be able to configure which colour to use starting at which speed.