OSTC3, cR, sport and 2 :  heinrichs weikamp forum The fastest message board... ever.
OSTC's running hwOS 
hwOS Tech: 3.01 released
Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: February 06, 2019 05:23PM

Hello,

The new hwOS tech (for OSTC3, plus, cR, OSTC 2 and OSTC sport (mod. 19)) firmware 3.01 is now available for download:
[heinrichsweikamp.com]

The following changes have been applied:

BUGFIX: Some language corrections
BUGFIX: Battery display in internal logbook
BUGFIX: Compass issues fixed

With the revised new battery menu this update is strongly recommended for all OSTC plus users but can be installed on other hwOS tech devices, as well.

Die neue hwOS tech Firmware 3.01 (für OSTC3, plus, cR, OSTC 2 und OSTC sport (mod. 19)) ist jetzt zum kostenlosen Download verfügbar:
[heinrichsweikamp.com]

Die folgenden Änderungen wurden eingebaut:

- Kleinere Layout- und Textänderungen
- Batterieangaben im internen Logbuch gefixed
- Kompass-Problem behoben

Mit dem überarbeiteten "Neue Batterie" Menü ist dieses Update für alle OSTC plus Benutzer dringend angeraten aber es kann natürlich auch auf allen anderen hwOS tech kompatiblen Geräten installiert werden.

Details on hwOS: [heinrichsweikamp.com]

How to install: [forum.heinrichsweikamp.com]

Regards,
Matthias

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2019 05:13PM by heinrichsweikamp.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hwOS Tech: 3.00 released
Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: February 06, 2019 05:40PM

Hi all,

this Version is not yet the "big" update of the OSTC internal code but focuses on the battery issue. The bespoken "big" update will be named 3.02 then, work is ongoing...

best regards,
Ralph

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2019 05:13PM by heinrichsweikamp.

Re: hwOS Tech: 3.01 released
Posted by: Laurie_the_Knot ()
Date: March 07, 2019 12:51PM

Hi all,

I've just updated my OSTC2 to firmware 3.01. I went into the logbook section of the DC and to my dismay I found that the dive number has been reset to 1.

Having logged over 2000 dives I now have the laborious task of pressing the right button well over 200 times to restore the number shown to reflect my dive count.

Please please please consider adding an extra option to at least increment this count by 100 as well.

I'm aware there is limited space on the screen but as an alternative you could have one row with the increment, another row to add the increment and the last to decrement it. This way you would reduce the number of rows required by one and you could offer increments of 1, 10, 100 and 1000 without any extra effort.

I have a friend with the same model as me and he has done well over 5000 dives. Without the above being implemented I believe he would be VERY reluctant to upgrade to V3.01.

Happy diving,
Laurie (OSTC2 #11454)

Posted by: dadefay ()
Date: March 07, 2019 05:11PM

Hi Laurie,

I have the same problem for each major release, so I found a trick : I adjust only 3 digits for the first dive, what is incredibly faster !

For example, instead of 2173, I go up to 173, then my brain just has to add a "2" before the displayed number, what is within its reach !

Best regards.

Didier A. Defay
OC trimix diver / CCR air diver
France

OSTC Plus #16077
- OSTC 3+ #4806
-- OSTC 3 #3999

Date: March 07, 2019 07:25PM

Would it be ok to add a +100 Option only? That's easy to do, actually i just did it. :-)

Date: March 08, 2019 02:17PM

Hi Ralph,

Adding a +100 option would improve matters considerably.

However I feel a revision as I suggested would be a better choice if you were to be revising the module which contains this code. At least one code example similar to my suggestion exists in the software for the OSTC2N if I remember correctly.

Happy diving,
Laurie (OSTC2 #11454)

Date: March 08, 2019 05:38PM

Hi Laurie,

hmmm... The +100 option just required the copy and subsequent slight modification of a few lines of code only. Opposit to that, your proposal requires some real brainwork to be applied! Well, let's see how the weather will be this weekend - the more rain, the more programming...

cheers,
Ralph

Posted by: diverku ()
Date: March 09, 2019 10:27AM

Wouldn't it be better to make the logbook offset available via read/write settings? Then, the firmware update tool could backup the configuration, update the firmware, and restore the original configuration...

Kai

Date: March 09, 2019 03:29PM

Hi Ralph,

I usually don't wish bad weather on anyone... However I hope it's bad weather this weekend where you are smileys with beer

Happy diving,
Laurie (OSTC2 #11454)

Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: March 10, 2019 10:25AM

Ralph, we just ordered new printed manuals. Please don't change too much now winking smiley

Matthias

Date: March 10, 2019 12:13PM

Oh - too late... :-)

Well, no problem: if you haven't added a screen shot showing the actual offset adjustment menu, the text from the current manual remains fully applicable!

Ralph

PS @Kai: the logbook offset is a 16 bit number. The settings system only supports 8 bit numbers, this is why the logbook offset is handled differently. Furthermore, it is stored along with the dive profile data etc. in a separate EEPROM chip, i.e. somewhere completely elsewhere than where all the settings reside in memory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 07:32AM by Ralph.

Posted by: Kehrmaschine ()
Date: March 10, 2019 10:21PM

Hi Matthias

Is there a new manual in German soon available for download as well?

Date: March 11, 2019 07:18AM

It's already online: download here.

Ralph

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 07:22AM by Ralph.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.