OSTC3, cR, sport and 2 :  heinrichs weikamp forum The fastest message board... ever.
OSTC's running hwOS 
Trouble to charge OSTC Plus battery
Posted by: dadefay ()
Date: February 23, 2019 06:42PM

Hi,

My OSTC Plus being locked, I had to remove and reinsert its battery ; this is the original 3.7 V rechargeable lithium battery.

When the computer starts (firmware 3.00 and later 3.01), I choose "3,6 V chargeable (T2)" - in fact 3.7 V. Then the computer indicates 99% but the voltage is only 3.0 V, meaning the battery is almost empty.

I put the computer on its inuctive charger, it is detected, charging starts and the green led ligths. But after a few seconds, the red led flashes and charging stops.

Any idea of what is wrong ?

Didier A. Defay
OC trimix diver / CCR air diver
France

OSTC Plus #16077
- OSTC 3+ #4806
-- OSTC 3 #3999

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trouble to charge OSTC Plus battery
Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: February 23, 2019 06:46PM

Hi Didier,

Power supply sufficient? It should be at least 1.5A at 5V. In which circumstances did your unit freeze?

regards,
Matthias

Posted by: dadefay ()
Date: February 23, 2019 08:46PM

Hi Matthias,

Thank for the advice : the charger was connected to a USB port of a laptop probably not able to provide enough current ; once connected to another power supply, charging looks ok.

This is strange because from the beginning (more than one year) I always used laptop USB port with no trouble ; maybe this time the battery was too deeply discharged ?

A last info : the unit was locked in dive mode (cf. our private exchanges last week).

Kind regards.

Didier A. Defay
OC trimix diver / CCR air diver
France

OSTC Plus #16077
- OSTC 3+ #4806
-- OSTC 3 #3999

Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: February 24, 2019 08:56AM

An OSTC that is active, i.e. with screen (and hence backlight!) on, will draw more current from the charger compared to charging only while in sleep mode...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.