OSTC3, cR, sport and 2 :  heinrichs weikamp forum The fastest message board... ever.
OSTC's running hwOS 
Charging blinks green while <50% charged
Posted by: Juhani ()
Date: May 21, 2019 12:38PM

My computer's less than one year old battery didn't charge, which is why I replaced it to a new rechargeable one (2600mAh). The display shows that it is 45% charged. I put it on OSCT charger that starts to blink green rapidly, 2 times in a second and it naturally doesn't charge. Took out the battery and charged it with an other charger over a night and put the battery back in the computer and showing now 85% charge. I also updated the system to the latest one.

When the battery is replaced the computer asked if it was the old one or a new 1500, 3600 or 3600 rechargeable. I chose the last option.

Can I use 2600mAh batteries?
What option I should choose when changing it to this new battery?
How reliable the information on the display.

Juhani

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Charging blinks green while <50% charged
Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: May 21, 2019 12:44PM

Hi,

2600mAh AA battery? This is either an 1,2V NiMh-Battery (Not supported from the charger) or a fake "2600mAh" 3,6V LiIon battery. In order to enable the charging circuity in the OSTC plus it's required to set the battery type to "T2" (In front of the battery voltage in the main surface mode screen). So, in your older firmware, it's 3,6V rechargable.

Then, the OSTC assumes an AA 3,6V LiIon battery with 800mAh capacity.

It's strongly recommended to bring your unit up-to date, since there have been important safety updates in the OSTC firmware, especially concerning the battery usage in the OSTC plus.

[forum.heinrichsweikamp.com]

Regards,
Matthias

Re: Charging blinks green while <50% charged
Posted by: Juhani ()
Date: May 21, 2019 08:32PM

Thanks, right it is indeed 1.2v Ni-MH, I should have checked better.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.