OSTC3, cR, sport and 2 :  heinrichs weikamp forum The fastest message board... ever.
OSTC's running hwOS 
Problem with Akku in OSTC plus
Posted by: Navigare ()
Date: May 25, 2019 09:59PM

Good day

I have a problem with akku in OSTC plus. Bought new device in Boot this year. about 20-30 dives. Recently after first dive the percentage of battery was 26%. During next dive (it was recreation dive) the computer went off after I came out from water. Tried to switch on - akku indicated 0%. Tried to charge - no charging.
Till end of vacation dove with battery instead of akku.

At home I bought Saft LS 14500 LiSOCl2 akku. Computer does not start. Tried to charge it. Charging was done inside the computer. Computer does not start. Measured voltage of akku - multimeter show 3,68V. Tried to charge akku in external charger. Computer does not switch on.

When I put normal AA battery inside computer starts up.

Updated firmware from 2.99 to 3.01 - no effect

Anybody had similar issues?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with Akku in OSTC plus
Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: May 27, 2019 10:18AM

Hi,

Navigare Wrote:
> At home I bought Saft LS 14500 LiSOCl2 akku.
> Computer does not start.

This is not a rechargeable battery...

> Tried to charge it.

Do not try to recharge this battery.

Trust me: Remove this battery immediately from the computer!

Please contact us, it seems your original (rechargeable) battery is defective: info@heinrichsweikamp.com

With kind regards,
Matthias

Re: Problem with Akku in OSTC plus
Posted by: Navigare ()
Date: May 29, 2019 10:13PM

Dear Matthias

Thanks for answer

I did not expect that I was so stupid. You are absolutely right -- it is battery. I confused because when I ordered it, there was in description 2600 mAh. Normally this refer to capacity of akku, I never saw such info for the batteries.

The only question remain open -- why the computer did not start when I first time inserted the battery. Up to now I can measure some 3.6-3.7 V.

I will send email to support as per your advice

best regards
Andrey

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.