OSTC3, cR, sport and 2 :  heinrichs weikamp forum The fastest message board... ever.
OSTC's running hwOS 
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: hwOS Tech: 3.03 beta 1 released
Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: June 12, 2019 07:36AM

> The other questions are why the computer does not take into account your deco gases when showing deco while you are still on the bottom.

??? It does, for sure! If deco gases are picked when running the dive through the deco calculator, they will also be picked by the deco calculation while the real dive. It can't be different, because it's the same program code engaged in both cases, running from the same settings. The mismatch must be in some completely other area...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Clownfish ()
Date: June 12, 2019 09:52AM

Okay, I just ran simulator for a very close dive to the one I did. That is, 45 m for 5 minis then 46 m for 10 mins then ascend at 18 mins which is 16 mins on bottom like I did.

At 18 m and 15 m stops, the simulation is very close to real dive. At the 15 m stop, the computer is showing last stop of 15 mins @ 4 m and TTS of 31 mins. When I get to 13 m and swap to 61% as planned, the deco @ 4 m drops to 7 mins and TTS drops to 18 mins. This is what happened in the real dive.

Therefore, the computer IS NOT taking into account the planned change to 61% when showing the deco and TTS before the change. This is the problem.

A few firmwares back and on all ones before that and on OSTC 2N, it took into account the planned change when showing the deco and TTS.

Michael
Sydney
Australia
OSTC 2 11528

Posted by: geowas ()
Date: June 12, 2019 04:57PM

I really like the alternative layout in dive mode (layout big) as it focus on the relevant information. Looking forward to the changes there!

BUT: With my OSTC cR I can't use layout big in dive mode when diving CCR as the ppO2's of the O2 sensors aren't shown.

Diving CCR you have to see (allways) the ppO2 value of all 3 sensors in order to understand which is working correctly and which is not. To show just the derived ppO2 isn't enough as there are circumstances when the derived/used ppO2 for deco calc is just wrong!

So my feature requests for OSTC cR in dive mode would be:
1. Could you please add the ppO2 values of all 3 sensors (!) to the alternative layout big on a OSTC cR? E.g. as a row in the middle of the display like in the layout normal?
2. When diving with fixed ppO2 Setpoint it would be great to see the fixed ppO2 Setpoint instead.
3. Making the menu directly available in dive mode while using the layout big without changing back to layout normal (when pressing the left button for menu) would be good, too!

I hope at least #1 and #2 can make it in a new release!

Thanks a lot!
Georg

P.S. Just added this message as a new subject, too:
[forum.heinrichsweikamp.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2019 05:05PM by geowas.

Date: June 12, 2019 06:45PM

please follow this topic / find the reply under the separate subject.

Date: June 12, 2019 06:56PM

Michael, if you like me to help, please follow my directions. Set your OSTC as you have described to me and then run a dive with the depth & time as i did write to you in the deco calculator. You should see a deco table whose stops change color in between. The colors reflect the gases. If all stops appear in the color of the gas set as 'First', then probably you havn't set the Nx61 to type 'deco'. Also the stop depths & times should appear as i have posted, +/- 1 minute here and there due to differences in surface pressure where you are and where i am, given that we both are at about sea level.

Date: June 13, 2019 11:21AM

Ralph

When I run 45 m for 18 mins I get very similar to what you posted earlier but no 12 m stop at all. 18 and 15 m are red which is 26%, rest are yellow which is 61%.

If you run this using the "Start Simulator" option, it comes out as I noted in my previous post, that is, it shows TTS and deco till you actually change gas assuming you are not using a deco gas.

Michael
Sydney
Australia
OSTC 2 11528

Date: June 13, 2019 11:30AM

Ralph

Okay, I have now worked out why it did not work correctly.

In the gas setting for NX26, I did not have a MOD set (it was 0 m). When I Reset to MOD: 47 m and reran the simulator, it came out as it should, giving the deco taking into account the deco gas. Is this a bug or is it the way it should be?

Michael
Sydney
Australia
OSTC 2 11528

Date: June 13, 2019 04:58PM

Wow - good job! That's something i did not expect to happen. In the past, the gas designated as First always had its depth set to 0, meaning "as deep as you want". But because of this, you couldn't really have travel gases. Now that's possible, but to make it work the first gas also needs to have a senseful depth limit set, zero makes no sense anymore. I think change depths of zero are color-coded in red to draw attention on. Will have a look in the code what consequences a depth setting of zero has, because actually at the moment i have no idea if it is a bug or bears some somehow useful functionality in it.

BR
Ralph

Date: June 16, 2019 09:13AM

Hi Michael,

i could confirm your observation from examining the code. After some thinking about it, it's not really a bug, but also bears no useful functionality. So i classified it unintended behaviour and added an exception handling to the code.

BR
Ralph

Posted by: ijdod ()
Date: June 16, 2019 10:16AM

Does 3.03B1 include logging tank pressure on TR models?

Date: June 16, 2019 10:22AM

Not yet, sorry. I'll urge Matthias to do it 'till the release latest...

Posted by: algo ()
Date: June 29, 2019 10:11AM

Did a dive yesterday with beta 1 3.03

This morning I waked up the computer and noticed that it shows a desat time of 9:50. I opened the logbook, left the menu and than it shows a desat time of 0:20. (10min later that same thing happened with 0:20 and than 0:10). So somehow the time seems not to be updated...

Date: June 29, 2019 11:38AM

Thanks! The desat and no-fly times are only calculated while the OSTC is awake, not while in sleep mode. While awake, they are (re)calculated every minute. So what you first saw where the old values from before the OSTC went into sleep mode, and then they got updated once the next full minute went by. I pimped the code such that after awakeing from sleep mode an update will immediatly be calculated to have current values right from the begin.

Because destat and no-fly times aren't exact science at all, they are only calculated in multiples of 10 minutes. So a jump from 0:20 to 0:10 is by intention. Moreover, as the calculation incorporates current ambient pressure which always goes up and down a very little bit, elsewise one would have the times going up and down a few minutes in zig-zag all of the time...

Ralph

Posted by: Kehrmaschine ()
Date: June 29, 2019 05:22PM

Hi Ralph

Any idea about when we can await the next stable version with the improvements of the current Beta 3.03?

Date: June 30, 2019 07:52AM

Well, programming works and "dry testing" for a beta 2 have just completed. The CCR parts went off to the red sea for a week of wet testing just yesterday evening. There has also been done a little bit on the TR specific code, which still needs to go through initial wet testing. And last but not least, my code updates need to be merged with Matthias' recent work on the compass part. So probably we will have a new beta out in about 2 to 3 weeks. That one should then be pretty final, but before releasing it officially as a release version we will give it some more time out as beta to eventually collect some more observations from the field.

Ralph

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.