OSTC3, cR, sport and 2 :  heinrichs weikamp forum The fastest message board... ever.
OSTC's running hwOS 
Battery OSTC plus
Posted by: Cheyenix ()
Date: June 03, 2019 07:58PM

Hi,

Since I changed my battery to a 1,5V AA duracel (non-rechargeable) the internal battery doesn't seem to charge anymore. The charging pad blinks twice a second green, what means that the battery should be full according to your FAQ answers.

However, whether I chose T0 (disposable 1,5V battery) or T2 (internal rechargeble) battery the percentages seem the same.

I used to see during charging that the battery percentage was highlighted in yellow.

What could be the problem?

Kind regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2019 11:43AM by Cheyenix.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Batterty OSTC plus
Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: June 04, 2019 07:16AM

??? There is only one battery in an OSTC - if you insert an AA non-rechargeable, you NEED TO enter the correct battery type und you MUST NOT attempt any recharging - never ever !!!

Batt-Percentage in yellow indicates charging is in progress. If you tell the OSTC it is a rechargeable battery when in fact it is not, and you then do charging, serious things can happen, so once again: don't do such things!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2019 07:17AM by Ralph.

Re: Battery OSTC plus
Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: June 05, 2019 11:01AM

Cheyenix Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What could be the problem?

Here are some details: [www.facebook.com]

Current firmwares do not allow to choose this kind of battery in the OSTC plus. 1,5V batteries, even if selected, are not being charged from the internal charger but you create waste heat in the OSTC and should be avoided anyway.

regards,
Matthias

Posted by: h2oaddict ()
Date: August 06, 2019 11:20AM

Hi all,
is there a recommended limit in Amperes for 3.7V rechargable batteries to be used in OSTC PLUS? I am currently using a 750mAh and I'm wondering whether using a higher capacity is safe and could improve duration of recharge.
Kind regards

Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: August 06, 2019 11:23AM

Hello,

You can use higher capacity ones. But please take in mind that everything above 850-900mAh is probably fake. There are no rechargeable 2000mAh 3,7V AA Lithium batteries.

Regards,
Matthias

Posted by: h2oaddict ()
Date: August 06, 2019 01:54PM

Thank you Matthias!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.