Strange characters when entering deco
Posted by: Raf ()
Date: July 30, 2019 01:20PM

Hello,

I just updated the firmware to 3.0.1, on a OSTC 2.
After doing this i had a strange notice deco indication when diving and also when doing a simulator. (see the photo).
Does anyone has the same issue on their OSTC?
Can it be a setting?

Attachments: 20190727_154237.jpg (917.4 KB)  
Re: Strange characters when entering deco
Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: July 30, 2019 01:45PM

(see quote below for best answer)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2019 05:06PM by Ralph.

Posted by: Raf ()
Date: July 30, 2019 01:48PM

Hello Sorry, solved my own question, after a reading on the update 3.0.1.

[/quote]By the way: ".." had been choosen because the remaining time is < 1 min but > 0 mins. We had once been asked to print out the remaining time in seconds, but that won't work because of two reasons: First, if you go up and down by a few centimeters only, the seconds would respond with rocking up and down like crasy. And secondly, all the deco theory involved isn't that preceise anyhow. :-) [/quote]

Sorry for this.

Posted by: Arno ()
Date: August 06, 2019 08:46AM

Why not just enter 1?
IMHO 1 is more clear than .. and usually that's a stop that will be eliminated during ascent anyhow.
Also showing 1 is showing a stop "on the safe side". We are always tought to round up so why not do it here...

Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: August 06, 2019 07:45PM

Indeed, due to the work that is currently done on the code, for real deco stops the counted stop time stayes at 1 until the stop clears and the new depth and time for that new depth are shown. There will remain three situations where the ".." will be shown or can show up: First, during the time span when NDL is over, but the deco obligation will still go away while ascent with the selected ascent rate. Second, during a very short time period when the last stop clears but there is still a tiny ceiling left, which will again have cleared when reaching the surface. The last situation is with stops that actually aren't deco stops but just gas changes. These gas changes will show up along with the real deco stops to demonstrate that the gas changes have been figured in into the deco calculation. To distinguish them from required stops as something that can be done "on the fly", i.e. without needing to stop, they are currently shown with a time of 0 minutes. That will be changed to ".." to make the indication more clear and easier to read in the next firmware version to come.

BR
Ralph

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2019 08:53AM by Ralph.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.