OSTC3, cR, sport and 2 :  heinrichs weikamp forum The fastest message board... ever.
OSTC's running hwOS 
Sport not suggesting gas switch - Why?
Posted by: Scuba_Wandy ()
Date: August 28, 2019 01:56PM

Hey everyone,

So I've had a Sport for a few months and was diving with it this weekend doing the BSAC ADP course which is why I bought the computer.

When I first got it, I was playing with the simulator feature and noticed that using that, when I got to the depth needed to be able to do the gas switch, the computer would tell me and ask if I wanted to switch the the relevant deco gas and gave me a one button press select option.

This weekend, this didn't happen and it would have quite happily gone to the surface on back gas meaning I had to go into the menu and manually select the deco gas I was using. Not a huge issue, but still more faff than just using the one button select function. Also does this affect the @5 function?

I'm sure I've probably switched a setting that I shouldn't have but I've looked and I can't see what.

Can anyone let me know how to switch the one button function back on again?

Cheers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sport not suggesting gas switch - Why?
Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: August 28, 2019 03:19PM

Gastype = Deco and Change depth configured for the deco gas?

And: Firmware version?

Regards,
Matthias

Posted by: Scuba_Wandy ()
Date: August 28, 2019 03:39PM

Hey,

Yes, change depth set to 21m for a 50% deco gas.

Software version 10.53

Thanks

Posted by: Ralph ()
Date: August 28, 2019 04:33PM

And: actually in deco? No deco - no gas switch cue for a deco gas...

If doing extended no-stop, gas-switch dives, set all gases to "first" and "work", then switch cues will be produced.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.