OSTC 4 :  heinrichs weikamp forum The fastest message board... ever.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Charging OSTC 4
Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: November 13, 2018 10:17AM

The backplate with the intend was an intermediate design we had to do because of issues sourcing some parts. The design without the intent is the current design. Electronic-wise they both are absolutely identical.

Regards,
Matthias

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: gorcio ()
Date: November 25, 2018 11:03PM

Matthias,

would it be possible for your guys to create the back plate for the unit, with a hole (a full hole, not indentation) in it for the charger ? Properly located, properly finished etc ?
I am willing to pay for it, just to avoid all those small charging issues.

Best regards
gorcio

Posted by: gorcio ()
Date: January 03, 2019 10:52PM

Hello HW team,

as you know - I have been struggling with recharging my new unit for quite a while. 3 different charging pads (2 green ones, one black), two different wall chargers (3A each), charging time from 44% to ~100% takes about 10 hours. That's completely unacceptable. Each time I returned the unit, I got it back with a note that it charges ok, and I should use proper charger. I have never had had any issue with my first OSTC4 that sadly died. Now, I am getting really desperate. I love the unit, but if there is no solution - I will need to say good bye to it.
As I am not going to dismount back plate each time for charging, could you kindly consider my suggestion and offer a back place for bungee mount with a hole for a charger, so that it touches bottom wall of the unit and hopefully allows uninterrupted charging ? If producing such back plate is too much hassle - could you share technical drawing, and I will either CNC it myself, or have it 3D printed ?

Best regards
gorcio

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.