OSTC 4 :  heinrichs weikamp forum The fastest message board... ever.
 
Possible bug found
Posted by: Arno ()
Date: May 11, 2019 10:43PM

Today I made 2 deco dives (only small deco, but nevertheless deco) and where before I would also see the deco painted after downloading the dives to Divinglog, today on both dives the deco is shown in the logbook, but on both dives nothing is shown in Divinglog.

Could this be a divinglog problem or a problem with the software not giving the right data to divinglog?

Ps, this is still on fw 1.4.7

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Possible bug found
Posted by: jlm ()
Date: May 12, 2019 08:33AM

Last week I did 5 proper deco dives (using fw 1.4.8, including some things that I was testing, so not the official 1.4.8 from HW), and I see the deco both on the OSTC4 internal logbook, and when interfaced to Subsurface I see it there as well. I believe that Divinglog (as is Subsurface) is libdivecomputer based, so it would surprise me that its libdivecomputer related. As your OSTC4 shows the deco correctly, I'm tempted to say that that leaves Divinglog as the most likely source of a possible bug.

PS: I would definitely upgrade to 1.4.8 as it is way more stable than 1.4.7

--jan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Possible bug found
Posted by: Arno ()
Date: May 12, 2019 07:15PM

Up to now I've had almost nothing but trouble upgrading and last time it needed to restart more than 10 times to go from the last beta to 1.4.7.
For me since 1.4.7 i've made about 15 dives all without any problems. I'm a little bit into the if it ain't broke don't fix it now.

I've read about spikes in the logbook with 1.4.7 but I haven't seen those so far....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Possible bug found
Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: May 13, 2019 11:15AM

I strongly recommend the update from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8. Since the font table does not change between these two versions update is as easy as in the past.

regards,
Matthias

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Possible bug found
Posted by: Arno ()
Date: May 15, 2019 01:16AM

Just crossed my fingers and started the update from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8. Took about 2 - 3 minutes (didn't time it really) and parts 1 and 3 where transferred and update was finished.
Now wait what happens in the water, hopefully not again a Sleep sleep sleep message, but so far everything looks good (keeping my fingers crossed until after a couple of dives).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Possible bug found
Posted by: heinrichsweikamp ()
Date: May 15, 2019 09:24AM

That sounds good. Since part 2 (The fonts and graphics) were up-to-date with 1.4.7 already, the update only installs part 1 (firmware) and part 3 (RTE).

regards,
Matthias

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Possible bug found
Posted by: Ingo Z ()
Date: May 19, 2019 12:34PM

Hello,

found a small bug not being critical:

FW 1.4.8 is reporting to be 1.0.8 in Subsurface (datalog per dive). 1.3.x reported it correctly (including being beta for 1.3.5).

Regards,

Ingo

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.