Delete one log

Legacy OSTC's
kaheksa

Delete one log

Post by kaheksa »

Is it possible to delete one dive from the logbook? Or merge it with the next one? Like you can do on the SW Petrel

I had a problem on one dive with a clove and went back up to fix it and then back down again. Now I have a 3minute "dive" in the logbook to 6m that I dont want and is making my divenumbers wrong

----------------------
OSTC 2C - 7135
scubatinoo

Re: Delete one log

Post by scubatinoo »

No you can't do that on your dive computer. You have to do it on your Desktop-Computer after downloading the dives. Or in your paper logbook. ;)
regards,
scubatinoo

> OSTC 2N 3705 & OSTC 2 18807 <
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

Deleting single dives is not possible, sorry.

regards,
Matthias
M-S-D

Post by M-S-D »

Hi Matthias,

is it possible to merge to dives in the logbook, so that the number of dives in the logbook match to the number in my paper logbook?

With the CF28 I can only generate an offset and this suits only until a haven't a "splitted dive" like the example from kaheksa.

---

Ist es möglich, die Tauchgänge im Logbuch, zusammenzuführen, so dass die Anzahl der Tauchgänge im Logbuch mit der Anzahl in meinem Papier-Logbuch übereinstimmt?

Mit der CF28 kann ich nur einen Offset generieren und dies passt nur solange ich keinen "gesplitteten Tauchgang" gemacht habe, wie in dem Beispiel von kaheksa.

Thanks,
Martin
Laurie_the_Knot

Post by Laurie_the_Knot »

As far as I know there is no way to merge dives on the OSTC2. Once you have downloaded your dives to your favourite dive logging software on your PC you'll probably have the opportunity to merge two dives with a very short surface interval between them. I know that Subsurface performs this task with ease.

Alternatively you can extend the surface mode switch threshold by upping CF02 to 600 seconds (10 minutes). The side effect of doing this is to postpone the reporting of the start of the surface interval to 10 minutes after you surface from your dive. (If CF02 is set to 0:00 there is no surfacing switch delay and the surface interval reports the actual time since surfacing.)
Happy diving,
Laurie (OSTC2 #11454)
MinimalMayhem

Post by MinimalMayhem »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but has the 'solution' to this changed? Is there a way to delete a single dive now?
I'd like to be able to delete one of my dives from the logbook - an aborted dive minute training dive.
jb2cool

Post by jb2cool »

Just carry on diving and the log will eventually 'roll-over' and be purged.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

I'm sorry, single dives can't be deleted. It was never intend and is now tricky to implement.

regards,
Matthias