New OSTC 2 hwOS 1.93 OSTC Tools

Legacy OSTC's
chrismoore02

New OSTC 2 hwOS 1.93 OSTC Tools

Post by chrismoore02 »

Hi All

I have got an OSTC 2 running hwOS 1.93 it works ok via Bluetooth for updating firmware etc with OSTC Companion.

I am trying to use OSTC Tools and it wont connect to my dive computer it just hangs the software. Are the OSTC Tools compatible with my dive computer?

Many Thanks

Chris
Dahab Boris

Re: New OSTC 2 hwOS 1.93 OSTC Tools

Post by Dahab Boris »

Cheers,
DB

OSTC 2n of course :-)
chrismoore02

Post by chrismoore02 »

OSTC Settings in Diving log 6.0 wont connect to the OSTC 2 via the Bluetooth com port - im sure this is something to do with the Bluetooth com port. Subsurface will connect but you search for Bluetooth first then select the computer, this only gives you limited functions though.

Does the OSTC 2 not have as many custom functions as the older version (2c 2n)?

Thanks

Chris
divinglog

Post by divinglog »

Hi Chris

Diving Log currently cannot change dive computer settings of hwOS based computers like the OSTC 2, only Mk.2, 2N and 2C are supported (download of dive computer data is supported for all models). As far as I know the hwOS based computers do not have so many custom functions and settings like the older models.

Sven
Diving Log 6.0 - https://www.divinglog.de/
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Currently only a few settings via the interface are possible in the hwOS but they getting more with each release. I'm quite sure they will be accessible via PC software sooner or later.

Please don't push the PC (Or Mac or App) developers too hard. They are always a bit behind the development of the firmware and they are doing a very good job here already.

Regards,
Matthias