recovering firmware

Legacy OSTC's
Wardy_uk

recovering firmware

Post by Wardy_uk »

Hiya

I have a Mk2 with custom firmware on it that replaced the original HW firmware... any help available for reinstalling the v3.13?

tia

Nick
jb2cool

Re: recovering firmware

Post by jb2cool »

Ah you got Nigel’s off him then.

I think there is a way to do it using the boot loader and a magnet but I don’t know the procedure, hope someone can tell you how to do it.
Wardy_uk

Post by Wardy_uk »

Yeah - and just managed to figure it out

Needed the old bootloader!

Now just need to find a new battery that isn't extortionately priced! lol...
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

It's actually one post above your question: https://forum.heinrichsweikamp.com/view ... f=2&t=4071

There are the links to the required bootloader v1 and the instructions on how to use it.

Regards,
Matthias
Wardy_uk

Post by Wardy_uk »

Hi Mattias - Id read that, but seemed only applicable to the V2 bootloader...

I did guess that that the V1 was needed and downloaded that off your website and everything was easy and intuitive.

Re. the battery - do you still supply them? They dont appear on your website and the only place I've found selling them in the UK want over £35 which is staggeringly expensive for an 18500 battery...
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

It's not only the 18500, it's the assembly with the small protection circuit board at the top. We sell these for 39EUR+shipping. If you still have the old battery, you could probably make this by yourself cheaper.

Regards,
Matthias
Wardy_uk

Post by Wardy_uk »

I did try that - does the protection circuit also drop the voltage? When I add that onto the new battery I get 3.88v and the mk2 then only powers on when I connect the usb...