OSTC2N stuck in dove mode...

Legacy OSTC's
Teknosofen

OSTC2N stuck in dove mode...

Post by Teknosofen »

Hi Folks,

I did another long hypobaric decompression test today and brought mo dear loved old OSTC 2N with me. I checked absolute pressure and altitude measurements during the excursion and all went well until...

Upon compressing back to surface the computer (of course..) recognized the start of a high altitude dive. Since we started at 24000 feet, i.e. about 400 mbar absolute it believes that I am presently performing a very very long 6,1 m dive (-:

I tried to update FW, download data etc but it seems like the unit does not allow connections while in dive mode (which is a good design!).

So, [b]is there any way to reset it or get it out of dive mode[/b]? Will it give up when the dive is unreasonably long? Or do I need to build a hypobaric chamber and make the OSTC2N believe that it has returned to the altitude where is started? how to reset it? except for rigging an underpressure chamber and allowing it to believe that it has returned to the "surface" and ended the dive after which I will have to somehow reset the dive started trigger level at that pressure and then bring it back to sea level.

HELP...

// Åke www.teknosofen.com
jb2cool

Re: OSTC2N stuck in dove mode...

Post by jb2cool »

I believe a solution that’s been suggested in the past is to use an airtight plastic lunchbox and put the computer in it, squeeze out as much air as possible and seal the box then hopefully the reduction in pressure inside as the box flexes back to its original shape will be enough for the computer to surface.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

The 2N can be hard-reset externally:

- Connect to USB power
- trigger the reset with a magnet near the center screw on the backside of the unit

It will restart and use the current ambient pressure as new 0m reference.

regards,
Matthias
Teknosofen

Post by Teknosofen »

Hi Matthias,

Thanks a lot, that worked like a charm! The dear OSTC is back on track again.

Best Regards // Åke

PS - I actually looked at the schematic for the reed switch without success so I believed that it was not there (-:
Salmonandco

Post by Salmonandco »

heinrichsweikamp wrote: Friday 23. October 2020, 10:06 The 2N can be hard-reset externally:

- Connect to USB power
- trigger the reset with a magnet near the center screw on the backside of the unit

It will restart and use the current ambient pressure as new 0m reference.

regards,
Matthias
My OSTC 2N died with black screen while installing version 3.15
no reaction with connection + magnet

What is the solution ?