OSTC2: Doesn't wake up

Legacy OSTC's
budekatude

OSTC2: Doesn't wake up

Post by budekatude »

Dear community,

I have just bought a used (6 months old) OSTC2, which I received today.

I put the computer on the charger for 4h and 3h respectively (with different USB power sources, one with 2.1A and one with 1A).
The green LED was lit the whole time, so supposedly it was charging.

However I can't get the computer out of it's sleep.
Turning the computer over for 5s as suggested in another post here on the forum and pressing the buttons does not yield any results - the display remains black.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there some sort of reset routine or might the computer be broken?

Thank you for your help and input in advance.
Ernie

Re: OSTC2: Doesn't wake up

Post by Ernie »

I’ve had the same issue with an OSTC2 I bought from new, but didn’t have the chance to use. It was unused and uncharged for over 2 years. I suspect that the battery is beyond repair and the best option is to approach the manufacturer about battery replacement. This option is mentioned in the user manual.
algo

Post by algo »

You can try to put the OSTC on the charger and than place a strong magnet in the middle of the screen. That should trigger some kind of reset and helped my when my OSTC froze one time…
BJF66

Post by BJF66 »

I have this issue for the second time, the computer wass ent back and supposedly fixed I now cant wake it up again having tried all of the above. It is incredibly frustrating does anuyone have any other ideas to get the computer out of its deep sleep
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Since my original post HW were able to revive my OSTC2 and it is now back in working order.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

This sub-forum is for the old OSTC 2 with USB connection (Last sold 2014....). This would be the right place to post it: viewforum.php?f=6

In such a case, however, it is faster and more sensible to contact us directly: info@heinrichsweikamp.com

Greetings,
Matthias