Reintroducing cave bailout (earlier CF59) in hwOS

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Dragan

Reintroducing cave bailout (earlier CF59) in hwOS

Post by Dragan »

Hi!

After finally being allowed to buy a new computer now that my X1 has died, imagine my disappointment when realizing the cave bailout functionality (CF59) has been removed from the hwOS implementation. Most computers on the market are fairly similar, but this is the one feature that truly stick out for me as a CCR cave diver.

Would it be possible to reintroduce this feature? I have to confess that my worries for potential remaining quality issues with OSTC3 (that got me leaning towards Shearwater when realizing that the feature was gone) would be immediately over-ruled in case this feature would return. Finding an old and used Mk2 just to get the feature also seems like a bad idea.

Refer to our original feature request for details:
read.php?2,6472,page=1

Knowing that you really have tried cleaning up the CF-section, I could even survive with not having it user configurable but all items being hardcoded and triggered by a compiler #ifdef flag. This way I could compile my own build without anyone not interested in the functionality even seeing it.
I started creating the code myself but realized that there were too many parameters missing in the ASM/C interface and so far I haven't managed to fully understand the assembler part. Probably a lot easier trying to convince you guys knowing the code like the back of your own pocket. At least I hope that is the case...

If it helps I can even make a promise to not try to re-open the waypoint feature request :)
read.php?2,6754,7731#msg-7731

Thanks!

/Jonas