hwOS for OSTC3, cR and OSTC 2: 1.92 released

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
heinrichsweikamp

hwOS for OSTC3, cR and OSTC 2: 1.92 released

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

The new OSTC3, cR and OSTC 2 firmware 1.92 is now available for download: http://www.heinrichsweikamp.com/?id=479&version=de (German) or http://www.heinrichsweikamp.com/?id=479&version=en (English)

The firmware itself can be set to English, Deutsch, Italiano and Français.

New since 1.81 (Blue for changes since 1.90):
CHANGE: Logbook now shows end-of-dive date and time for dives made with firmware =1.92
BUGFIX: Text alignment in logbook
NEW: Show actual dive count in logbook list view (If <1000)
BUGFIX: Minor language and text aligment fixes
BUGFIX: German texts in ppo2 menu were too long for screen resulting in resulting in text display issues

CHANGE: Do not show ppO2 in warning area if already shown in custom view
BUGFIX: Logbook list view for more then 100 stored dives
BUGFIX: BLE timings for MAC issues
BUGFIX: Battery consumption calculation in sleep mode (3,6V battery only)
NEW: Bearing can be set in surface mode
BUGFIX: +5min for stopwatch during simulation did not work
CHANGE: minor language updates
BUGFIX: Start with sensor use from sleep (cR only)
CHANGE: Apply button settings when button menu is closed
NEW: Reset button settings on a magnet reset (cR and OSTC 2)
NEW: Hardware support (Screen)
NEW: Additional temperature calibration via PC interface
CHANGE: French update
BUGFIX: Rotate button sensitivity with screen (OSTC 2 and cR)
CHANGE: GF and aGF high range increased to 45-110%
NEW: New option to download "Compact Headers". Improved BLE support (OSTC 2 and OSTC 3+)
NEW: Quit Simulator automatically when starting a real dive
BUGFIX: Auto-Brightness clipped to lowest settings in bright sunlight on some devices
CHANGE: Auto SP now available on OSTC 2
CHANGE: change button sensitivity range and default (OSTC2 and cR)
NEW: MOD Warning (Can be disabled)
NEW: Depth dependent ascend speed (Can be disabled)
NEW: Graphical speed indicator (Can be disabled)
NEW: Option to always show the ppO2, shows ppO2 for Diluent in CC mode
NEW: Mode Auto SP: Automatically switches the SP during descent (CC Mode)
NEW: Deco planer computes gas consumption for all gases and can compute bailout plans for CC modes

Details on hwOS: http://www.heinrichsweikamp.com/?id=335

Btw., Subsurface will automatically prompt for an update making the process very comfortable and available for many platforms (like old 32bit Systems).

Regards,
Matthias
sharpw

Re: hwOS for OSTC3, cR and OSTC 2: 1.92 released

Post by sharpw »

Matthias,

Subsurface will now connect to read the settings of the dive computer. This is more than what it did on 1.90. However, it will not download the dives into Subsurface, just like before. Log file attached. The problem is outstanding with Subsurface 4.5 as well as 4.5.1.

Diving Log 6.0 does not work either. Error message DC_STATUS_TIMEOUT.

OSTC Companion still connects to read computer settings and update the firmware.
OSTC Profile Reader does not, and gives this error message:

OSTC3 ERROR: OSTC3_Serial_Init_Downloadmode(COM3) results
LOG: send byte BB
ERROR: recieved byte 00 Errorno: 9997 Errormsg: Timeout during operation

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

OSTC3 Serial Number 3001.
fyb

Post by fyb »

the same problem i reportet 2 weeks ago on 1.90 ... no connection to Diving Log 6.0 (via Bluetooth on Win10 and Win7). it was working more or less on 1.87. Would also appreciate if this problem is seriously adressed

reg.
fredy
heinrichsweikamp

> Diving Log 6.0 does not work either. Error message
> DC_STATUS_TIMEOUT.
>
> OSTC Companion still connects to read computer
> settings and update the firmware.
> OSTC Profile Reader does not, and gives this error
> message:
>
> OSTC3 ERROR: OSTC3_Serial_Init_Downloadmode(COM3)
> results
> LOG: send byte BB
> ERROR: recieved byte 00 Errorno: 9997 Errormsg:
> Timeout during operation

Both issues are likely in the driver/OS layer. The OSTC3 does not respond within three seconds to the download mode command. That means either the command did not reach the OSTC at all (The OSTC does not even show "download mode enabled" ) or the answer from the OSTC does not get back to the PC app.

I know I wrote this before, but we wouldn't release a firmware which hasn't been tested with Bluetooth before. I use Divinglog personally and can assure it's not a general divinglog or OSTC3 issue. Was diving just yesterday with the 1.92 again and downloaded the data already.

Try 3,6V batteries, try repairing, or a different bluetooth adapter. Make sure you have KB3093266 installed (Windows 10 Update).

regards,
Matthias
fyb

Post by fyb »

what I dont understand and I verifed this on two different systems with same blotooth harware:

>>>Both issues are likely in the driver/OS layer.
one app is working, the other one not - under 1.87 both apps are working - with the same blootooth hardware.

and b.t.w.
>>>Try 3,6V batteries, try repairing, or a different bluetooth adapter. Make sure you have KB3093266 installed (Windows 10 Update).
all this has been done several times and the batteries are new

to me it looks like this: there is a problem, just not on your blootooth harware
sharpw

Post by sharpw »

Matthias,

I have ordered a bluetooth dongle which uses a different chipset and stack than what I have on my desktop. We will see if it makes a difference.

I have no doubts that you run regression testing for your firmware upgrades. However, if my desktop PC has _not_ changed and the OSTC firmware has, there has to be an incompatibility brought in by the firmware. What has changed in the firmware that would upset the download mode command? Some Bluetooth stacks are less resilient to conflict than others, which is maybe why the problem is not widespread.

KB3093266 - I run Windows 8.1 64bit fully up-to-date. Again, it worked with OSTC3 firmware 1.88 and not with 1.92.

3.6v battery - I have a 3.6v SAFT battery in. I've deleted the pairing and created a new one - no difference.

I understand you are only receiving two customers with problems. However, bear in mind that not every OSTC3 user will upgrade their firmware straight away (not early adopters) and that not everyone will even log dives via computer, so they would not find out this problem.

I hope we can get this resolved - there is bound to be something we can all learn from here.
sharpw

Post by sharpw »

One more note about download mode. With Subsurface and OSTC v1.92, if I go in Configure Dive Computer, Connect, Retrieve available data, OSTC3 will enable download mode and download its settings to subsurface.

Download mode works in that case.

However, when I try to copy dives, it will return the error previously quoted.
heinrichsweikamp

I'll see what we can change on our side to get this working at your place, again.

regards,
Matthias
heinrichsweikamp

Hi,

I tweaked a bit in the download mode timings. For those having issues with divinglog and the 1.92, please give the attached version a try.

Regards,
Matthias
ABF

Post by ABF »

Hi

Me and my Buddys are using the new OSTC 2 and we have problems with the downloads using Divinglog 6.0 as well. Since the new update (version 1.92) new dives don't get downloaded whereas there's no problem with the dives before the update.
Furthermore I'm using DiveMate on my Android phone and can't download any dives using it. But surprisingly one out of three of our OSTCs works here.

Do you have some suggestions? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Felix
sharpw

Post by sharpw »

Thank you Matthias. I will try to update with my normal Bluetooth hardware.

I have received the new Bluetooth dongle today, so I will try that as well without the additional update.

Will update tonight once I've tried both combinations.
heinrichsweikamp

Divinglog will provide an update very soon which is compatible to 1.92 (and later) dives. There were some small changes in the dive protocol format that avoids new dives being downloaded. This issue is unrelated to the Bluetooth issue in this thread.

regards,
Matthias
divinglog

Post by divinglog »

Hi, i've just released the update for Diving Log 6.0 with the latest libdivecomputer version. Start Diving Log and click "Help > Check for updates" if it does not show up automatically.
Diving Log 6.0 - https://www.divinglog.de/
ABF

Post by ABF »

Hi Mathias,

Thank you for your quick answer. I hope the update will be available soon.
In addition I found out that the problems with DiveMate occure due to a bluetooth malfunction of my phone (If the Bluetooth device isn't entirely reset, downloading isn't possible). Hopefully there is going to be a fix in a little while, too.

Regards

Felix
sharpw

Post by sharpw »

Matthias,

Using a different bluetooth dongle made no difference.

However, using the patch you provided allowed me to download all my dives in Subsurface 4.5.1 and Diving Log 6.0.

Not quite sure why the problem arised in the first place, but with the patch it all now works fine. Many thanks for not giving up!

Regards,
SharpW
fyb

Post by fyb »

applied the Patch (1.93) to HWOS - now it works also on my PC - thanks Matthias! I also applied the patch to Diving Log 6.0 (Update2) so thanks to Sven too.
heinrichsweikamp

Continue here: read.php?6,16060