ostc sport turn on problem

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
kamil

ostc sport turn on problem

Post by kamil »

I recently bought OSTC computer.

After 45 dives, my dive computer display went blank. I tried to change the battery using a new standard AA battery. When the battery is in place, a red indicator came on for a few seconds and then went off, but the screen remains blank throughout.

I insert a new 3.6 V battery, but the comp stills does not boot up. (red indicator come on for a few seconds, then went off. Dive computer screen does not turn on, i.e no heinrichs weikamp logo at all)
Please help. Thanks in advance. Kamil.
kamil

Re: ostc sport turn on problem

Post by kamil »

Update. I left Computer without any batterie for 24 hours. Then i put in new 3.6v batt and it finally turn on. IT seems that my ostc live his own life.
kamil

Post by kamil »

And again the same. Ostc is dead. I cant turn it on.
Im on my vacations in Moalboal with dead Computer.
Im must be stupid to trust this Computer after last time. Maybe this time anyone can help me?
Any responce from HW? Cuz You dont respond on my e-mail too.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Dear Kamil.

We tried to sent you a zip-file via e-mail, which could help to solve the problem you are facing.

kind regards,
Christian
cancinoj

Post by cancinoj »

Hi!
I was faced with a similar problem lately.
I bought the OSTC sport in December and used it a couple of times in a swimming pool training with no problems. Then, on the first real dive a couple of weeks ago, it lagged a first time around 19m for 5 minutes and then "froze" at 15m: the timer was continuing but the depth stayed the same for at least 1h until it stopped.
Since then it was impossible to start the computer and the behavior has been similar to what Kamil described (to the exception that it never restarted).
Fortunately I had an extra computer with me but needless to say I am not very happy about it and I hope you can help me fix it quick.
Best regards,
Julián
heinrichsweikamp

Hi Julian,

Your issue can be a hardware problem, please contact us directly: info@heinrichsweikamp.com
Artiom

Post by Artiom »

Dear Support,

I got the same issue as "kimil" on my OSTC 3 and wanted to know if the respective zip-file solve the problem?

-> do you got a solution for the OSTC3 in that case???

Best regards,

Artiom
heinrichsweikamp

Hi Artiom,

It depends on the issue if we can help you with a special firmware. Please contact us directly: info@heinrichsweikamp.com

We actually _do_ answer mail quite quickly...

Regards,
Matthias
snowman

Post by snowman »

Got the same problem.

Have sent a mail.

Mark