Tissue saturation graph wrong after upgrading to 2.97

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
KEngelstoft

Tissue saturation graph wrong after upgrading to 2.97

Post by KEngelstoft »

Hi, after updating to 2.96 on my OSTC3, the N2 and He saturation graph look incorrect:
1) It looks like there is some N2 saturation, even though I haven't dived for 11 days.
2) He graph look like points at 100% instead of lines from 0 to 100%/1 bar.
Please have a look at the attached picture.
Best Regards,
Kasper
OSTC3 #576, replaced by OSTC3 #2827
Ralph

Re: Tissue saturation graph wrong after upgrading to 2.97

Post by Ralph »

Hi Kasper,

two good new: your saturation graph is perfectly right and you can upgrade once more to V2.97 !

In 2.96 the graph has been completly reworked in both views: the surface mode view and the dive mode custom view. It now scales to true tissue pressures.
The N2 bars show the N2 in your tissues - even if you havn't dived for longer times, there is N2 in your tissues because you are breathing approx. 79% nitrogen at an ambient pressure of approx. 1 bar. Moreover, your ambient pressure (air pressure) has increased lately (good weather comming up) and the fast tissues have followed already whereas the slower once still have to come up. If you would breath pure oxygen you would see the bars shrinking, i.e. getting shorter than in the surface equilibrium state.
The He bars behave in exatly the same way. The only difference is, as there is no reasonable amount of He in ambient air, that the zero-point of the He bars has been moved to the right such that when being at equilibrium at 1 bar ambient air pressure all N2 and He bars end in line.
All bars are forced to a minimum length of 1 pixel so that they do not visually "disappear".

BR
Ralph
KEngelstoft

Post by KEngelstoft »

Thank you for the detailed explanation.
Best Regards,
Kasper
OSTC3 #576, replaced by OSTC3 #2827
Spacefish

Post by Spacefish »

i love the new way the bars are displayed, much more correct :)
the tracking of the ambient pressure always amazes me, after a long trip by plane (~750mbar during travel) you can see the "undersaturated" tissues for some hours :)
keegan

Post by keegan »

Hi,
Is it possible to have a menu that shows the values (tension) in each compartment ?
It is for deco information only

thanks,
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi,

just to make sure correct understanding: do you mean an output of the N2 and He pressures as numbers (in bar), during surface mode?
keegan

Post by keegan »

Hi Raph
yes, perfectly.
thanks
keegan

Post by keegan »

Also,I was thinking if it might be interesting in dive mode also, to see the variation of the tissue during the dive.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Well, the tissue graphics are scaled to real pressures and in dive mode they are additionally colored according to on-gassing / off-gassing. I fear thats all we can find a place to display for, given that we are talking about 32 pressure values in total.

Furthermore, you will have to do some math to interpret the pressure values as they won't run up to current depth / 10 + 1 (in meters & bar) but figure in the fraction of N2 and He in your breathing gas, too. Last but not least, the pressures have to be put in relation to the limit values, which in turn are moderated by the current GF factor, to make up an idea what they are actually telling one. So, it will likely stay with the current form of visualisation...

For the surface mode one may think of an additional surface custom view, but please allow to place this idea on the lower end of the to-do list in the moment. I was already thinking about to somehow indicate the limit values within the graphics, but that's all in infancy state yet.

BR
Ralph
keegan

Post by keegan »

Very clear Raph.
Thanks a lot.
Of course, it is the lower end of the todo list. This info is only for those who are curious about deco information.

thanks again,