TR problem seeing transmitter

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
ijdod

TR problem seeing transmitter

Post by ijdod »

I'm having problems getting my OSTC2 TR to see the transmitter. It will take minutes for the computer to even see the transmitter, and once it does, it will only do so for a short while before the pressure reading is lost again. This behaviour is repeatable, although timing varies, and I've taken a video (see below, I've included rough timestamp data). The timing between events will vary a bit with each attempt. Sometimes the computer goes to sleep without ever seeing the transmitter.

Once it sees the transmitter, I can pair the computer to the transmitter, but no pressure is displayed. Computer runes 2.99beta, but the same thing happens with v10.49 Sport. RX version is 1.32, the latest as per v10.49.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here? This is not my first air integrated computer, never had such issues before.

https://youtu.be/-jsssf7_Qxc

00:13 turn on pressure (~180 bar)
00:25 computer turned on and on the surface pressures screen
01:50 transmitter and pressure shows
02:50 pressure gone again.

A second video showing the same, as well as some other odd readings (there are no other transmitters nearby that I know of). I apologise for the video being upside down.

https://youtu.be/HYzgtzHmPNc

00:08 turn on pressure (~180 bar)
03:01 first time a trabsmitter shows in surface pressures screen
03:55 second trandmitter ID 10527 shows up, reading 183 bar??
04:22 trying to pair, shows transmitter IDs 210F and 291F, but not 8463
05:00 all readings gone again
Enjo

Re: TR problem seeing transmitter

Post by Enjo »

I have a similar issue with the stability of the connection between the transmitter and the OSTC 2 TR. It seems that the connection is lost as soon as the distance is larger than 40 cm.

At least in my test the connection was always lost as soon as the distance was greater as 40 cm. This test have been performed on the surface, I reckon the transmission range in water is even shorter.

That is not enough to bridge the distance between the reg and the OSTC 2 TR.

Is that considered to be a hardware malfunction or might it be an issue with the software what could be fixed with the next firmware upgrade ?
Or any other suggestions how to fix the limited range issue ?

Regards
Enjo
Guignome

Post by Guignome »

I have exactly the same problem of transmition with my OSCT 2 TR

Regards
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

With the current firmware it seem that the brightness setting has some negative influence on the decoding of the recieved signals. This will improve for sure with the next version. We're working on this right now, actually.

regards,
Matthias
ijdod

Post by ijdod »

Is this improvement included in 2.99 beta 5?
ijdod

Post by ijdod »

Hardware was replaced, and on dry land the transmitter and computer now work as expected. Haven't been able to dive yet.
jam_uk

Post by jam_uk »

Does this mean HW have finally fixed the issue.

I've been waiting for my transmitter for almost a year.

Let us know how you get on when you dive it.