OSTC Plus won’t wake up

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
jb2cool

OSTC Plus won’t wake up

Post by jb2cool »

My girlfriend has an OSTC plus running the 10.57 firmware. She was looking through the logbook to fill out her logs. 15mins later I was going to change the logbook offset for her to make the numbers line up but it won’t wake up now.

I’ve sat it on the charger and the charger went solid green at first then changed to flashing green but still no activity from the dive computer.

I have had similar issues waking it up before but if I carried on poking it then it would wake up before.

What am I doing wrong?
Ralph

Re: OSTC Plus won’t wake up

Post by Ralph »

Hi,

normal procedure to awake an OSTC from deep sleep is to turn it upside down (i.e. screen pointing to other direction than before) and wait a few seconds, then pressing a button. If that doesn't work, we'll need Matthias advice...

BR
Ralph
jb2cool

Post by jb2cool »

Pretty sure I had it in every orientation and nothing. I ended up taking the battery out and then reinserted it again and it’s now alive again.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

please check if the compass calibration (The compass is been used in sleep mode to detect movement) works.

regards,
Matthias
jb2cool

Post by jb2cool »

I will keep an eye on it. I recalibrated the compass last night after seeing your message so will see if this happens again.
Grinch

Post by Grinch »

Had the same problem, but nothing works :( Took battery out and in but still doesnt work. I am sure I had still good battery when went on second dive when it didnt swich in and after that my finger just hurts to poking it...
Arvis Grinbergs
Cave Diver
jb2cool

Post by jb2cool »

Did you try just using a standard AA battery instead? It could be as simple as a totally flat battery.

Since recalibrating and subsequently updating my firmware this computer has been fine for us.
Grinch

Post by Grinch »

Yep, found out that is the problem. Thanks. I got even a magnet to try out all advices but just got bad rechargeble battery :D

Thanks a million :) It works perfect now.

Happy days!!!!
Arvis Grinbergs
Cave Diver