Confusion surrounding extended stops feature

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
jb2cool

Confusion surrounding extended stops feature

Post by jb2cool »

Can I have some clarification about this setting please. I think this is to delay the gas switch until you reach the decompression ceiling but what behaviour do I get with yes and what behaviour do I get with no? One setting will expect the gas switch at the programmed switch depth and one setting will expect the gas switch at the first real deco stop but from the naming I can't work out which is which.

Perhaps just renaming this setting from extended stops to delay gas switch or something like that could help clarify things as it's not actually extending (as in changing the length of) any of the deco stops.

I think from reading Ralph's comment in this thread that 'yes' means switching to the deco gas at the programmed switch depth where as 'no' will delay the gas switch till the first real deco stop.
Ralph

Re: Confusion surrounding extended stops feature

Post by Ralph »

> I think from reading Ralph's comment in this thread that 'yes' means switching to the deco gas at the programmed switch depth whereas 'no' will delay the gas switch till the first real deco stop.

Correct! The 'yes' and 'no' as well as the option's name correspond to the similar setting in Multideco.

Ralph