10.61 bugs report and help needed

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
dimab

10.61 bugs report and help needed

Post by dimab »

Hello.

First of all, thank you for this FW version! The additional options are very welcome.

I use the second gen. of your Sport DC (black buttons), and have upgraded to this version from 10.53 a couple of weeks ago - prior to leaving for a liveaboard. Now upon return I have a few issues I'd like to report.

1. The MOD in OC Gas Setup has remained on fifty-something meters even after I've change the gas to 32 Nitrox, and I had to change it manually. This is new and could be potentially very dangerous to any non-tech user!

2. The DC has showed me weak battery alarm at 25%. I use SAFT batteries, and usually change them upon reaching 15%, so the next dive I went in with the same one. This dive has started without any alarm, but some time into the dive it popped up again with 23% remaining. About 10 minutes later (I didn't notice at what percentage exactly) the back light just turned off completely. The DC continued to watch the dive, and I was (barely) able to complete it looking for the polarized LCD numbers in the sunlight (luckily I was on the new big numbers display, and it wasn't a night dive), but I can't describe how annoying it was to get the DC artificially disabled at 20+% battery, when I was used to work with less in the previous versions of FW.

3. Upon changing the battery to a new one the computer forgot all 5 gas mixes, which IMHO should not had happened.

4. Upon changing the battery to a new one I was unable to access the whole logbook: the first page of it has showed only the few recent dives, and pressing the "Next Page" just returned me to the same first page again and again. When the number of newly logged dives filled up the first page and started the second one, the "Next Page" started to work again, including all the previously logged dives, but there remained a few lines of visual gap between the dives in the logbook when the battery was changed.

5. This is the issue I need your HELP with: upon returning home and trying to download the last trip to my desktop with Subsurface, I discovered that only the dives done after changing the battery are downloadable. Even if I specifically tell the Subsurface to download all (and not only the new) dives, only the ones before the visual gap (see no.4 above) are getting accessed. So now I need your help to download all the dives from my last trip.

Thanks ahead for your help. Despite the few bugs above, it's a very well thought FW version - keep doing the good work!
dimab

Re: 10.61 bugs report and help needed

Post by dimab »

The problems persist after 10.63 update also.