hwOS Tech: Version 3.07 released

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
heinrichsweikamp

hwOS Tech: Version 3.07 released

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

The new hwOS tech (for OSTC3, plus, cR, OSTC 2 and OSTC sport (mod. 19)) firmware 3.07 is now available for download:
https://heinrichsweikamp.com/service/firmwares

This update is strongly recommended for all users of the 3.03 or 3.05:
BUGFIX: Hardware versions 13-xx-xx and 58-xx-xx could hang up with single-language versions of 3.03 or 3.05

BUGFIX: Add surface part at end of dive to surface interval properly
BUGFIX: Average depth in logbook did not took salinity setting into account
CHANGE: Change color of temperature values in logbook to yellow

The version has many new features and changes, but the basic settings have not changed much since 3.01 and OSTC experienced users will be fine with it at once. However, we recommend that you first read the release notes (appendix to this post) and familiarize yourself with the new features. By popular request some settings have been extended and added. Thus the gas change is suggested again independently of an actual deco stop at the change depth and also the maximum ppO2 can be set beyond 1.6bar. As always, this applies here: Changes to the basic settings via accepted limits (GF>100, ppO2>1.6) are the responsibility of the user. In order to correctly forecast the TTS even when using more than one or two decogases (OC), a little more care must now be taken in the gas setup for such dives. For example, the MOD/change depth must also be set for the start gas (First) so that the OSTC can propose and predict all gases in the correct order. However, this still applies unchanged: Each gas from the gas list can be selected at any time in the dive. Unsuitable gases are already marked red in the gas list and a warning/recommendation is issued when selecting. The control remains however to 100% with the user.

Die neue hwOS tech Firmware 3.07 (für OSTC3, plus, cR, OSTC 2 und OSTC sport (mod. 19)) ist jetzt zum kostenlosen Download verfügbar:
https://heinrichsweikamp.com/service/firmwares

Für alle Nutzer der 3.03 und 3.05 ist dieses Update dringend empfohlen:
BUGFIX: Hardware versions 13-xx-xx and 58-xx-xx could hang up with single-language versions of 3.03 or 3.05

BUGFIX: Add surface part at end of dive to surface interval properly
BUGFIX: Average depth in logbook did not took salinity setting into account
CHANGE: Change color of temperature values in logbook to yellow

Die Version hat zahlreiche neue Funktionen und Änderungen, in den Grundeinstellungen hat sich jedoch nichts Grundlegendes zur 3.01 geändert und mit dem OSTC erfahrene Benutzer werden gleich damit zurecht kommen. Wir empfehlen jedoch zunächst die Release-Notes (Anhang an diesen Post) zu lesen und sich mit den neuen Funktionen vertraut zu machen. Auf vielfachen Wunsch hin wurden einige Einstellmöglichkeiten erweitert und hinzugefügt. So wird der Gaswechsel wieder unabhängig von einem tatsächlichen Dekostopp auf der Wechseltiefe vorgeschlagen und auch der maximale ppO2 lässt sich über 1,6bar hinaus einstellen. Wie immer gilt hier: Veränderungen an den Grundeinstellungen über anerkannte Limits (GF>100, ppO2>1,6) liegen in der Verantwortung des Benutzers. Um die TTS auch bei Verwendung von mehr als einem oder zwei Dekogasen (OC) korrekt zu prognostizieren muss bei derartigen TG jetzt etwas mehr Sorgfalt im Gas Setup angewendet werden. So muss z.B. auch für das Start-Gas (First) die MOD/Wechseltiefe eingestellt werden damit der OSTC alle Gase in der richtigen Reihenfolge vorschlagen und vorausberechnen kann. Hier gilt aber weiterhin unverändert: Jedes Gas aus der Gasliste kann beim TG zu jedem Zeitpunkt gewählt werden. Unpassende Gase sind dabei schon in der Gasliste rot markiert und bei auswählen wird eine Warnung/Empfehlung ausgegeben. Die Kontrolle bleibt aber zu 100% beim Benutzer.

Details on hwOS: https://heinrichsweikamp.com/hw-os

How to install: https://forum.heinrichsweikamp.com/view ... 5f630b93c2

Regards,
Matthias
Last edited by heinrichsweikamp on Thursday 26. December 2019, 18:51, edited 2 times in total.
Arno

Re: hwOS Tech: Version 3.07 released

Post by Arno »

Is one of the possible problems with earlier fw that the computer all of a sudden doesn't turn on anymore (OSTC Plus Tech 3.??)

Last Sunday had a dive where the battery reached warning (I think less than 14% remaining somewhere halfway the dive) but computer worked the entire dive.

I just wanted to recharge and saw this thread and thought maybe to check current version but now it doesn't turn on.

I unscrewed the battery cap and took out the battery for a few seconds before putting it back in, but up to now it just doesn't turn on. Have meanwhile charged for some 10-15 minutes but no change yet...

What's best to try now? Let it charge some more and try again, try with another 1,5V AA battery or something different?

Edit: Seems battery is broken. Just measured 0.7V so that can't be good. Now put in a 1,5disposable battery and this works.

Which type of battery can I best get as a replacement rechargeable?
heinrichsweikamp

> Which type of battery can I best get as a
> replacement rechargeable?

Please email me: info@heinrichsweikamp.com and we'll take care of this.

regards,
Matthias
dadefay

Post by dadefay »

Hi,

Nine shallow and deep (with deco) CCR dives with 3.07, no new problem to signal.

The place where I dive these days is very sunny, and the blue colour used for disabled gases in the diluant list and OC gas list is not easy to read, I think a lighter blue would be better. This is not specific to 3.07, already noticed with previous releases.

Kind regards.
Didier A. Defay
OC trimix instructor / Trimix CCR diver
France

OSTC 2 #18835
- OSTC Plus #16077
-- OSTC 3+ #4806
--- OSTC 3 #3999
ClaudeDive

Post by ClaudeDive »

Thank you Didier,

I'm also in a very sunny region (Hyeres Islands)

For me the color of disabled gases is perfect and well differentiated from other colors

This color has been around for at least 2 years and I don't hope it to change

To increase the contrast of your screen it's very easy to turn your back to the sun :)... good dives! (tu)

Kind regards,
Cheers ;)
ClaudeDive ><)))))°> OSTC3 #2430 <°(((((><
dadefay

Post by dadefay »

Well, it seems all people do not have the same colour perception !

Best regards.
Didier A. Defay
OC trimix instructor / Trimix CCR diver
France

OSTC 2 #18835
- OSTC Plus #16077
-- OSTC 3+ #4806
--- OSTC 3 #3999
ClaudeDive

Post by ClaudeDive »

Yes, absolutely Didier!

I am color-blind and l'm not certainly the only OSTC user in this case

And for me with the old light blue color of diseabled gases it was impossible for me to tell the difference between light blue and white

With the current blue it's perfect !

Moreover I think that the OSTC's programming is done in a calm and not necessarily in full sun

On the boat it's most often a quick check before the immersion always possible your back to the sun

Beautiful dive

Best regards
Cheers ;)
ClaudeDive ><)))))°> OSTC3 #2430 <°(((((><
Arno

Post by Arno »

heinrichsweikamp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Which type of battery can I best get as a
> > replacement rechargeable?
>
> Please email me: info@heinrichsweikamp.com and
> we'll take care of this.
>
> regards,
> Matthias

New battery received today. Thank you for this great service!
oldschooldirk

Post by oldschooldirk »

Hallo

Ich habe seid Release im Oktober diese Firmware drauf und bin von der Firmware 3.05 gekommen. Dort musste ich auch schon folgendes Phänomen festellen.

Der Computer geht alleine in den Tauchmodus und taucht manchmal für 3min manchmal für 20min auf 150m. Ich hatte mich anfangs gewundert warum der Akku immer so schnell runter ist Nachdem Update.Hatte es aber immer als Verschleiß abgetan und mich nicht weiter gekümmert. Bis ich dann tauchen wollte und ich noch Unmengen an Sättigung drauf hatte. Dort stellte ich fest das 5 Tauchgänge geloggt waren welche ich nicht betrieben hatte. Dannn Kahm kurz danach die 3.07 raus und ich hab geupdatet. Als ich gestern meinen ostc aus der tauchtasche rausgeholt hab, stellte ich wieder einen ungewöhnlichen Akku Verbrauch fest. Desweiteren waren wieder 150m Tauchgänge im Logbuch.Heute habe ich es live erlebt.
Der ostc lag schon ne Weile nachdem ich tauchen war auf dem Couchtisc, dann wurde er schlagartig hell, wechselte in den tauchmodus und zeigte 150m an, dies dauerte 3min dann war wieder auf 0m.

Ich habe jetzt wieder auf 2.98 gewechselt diese lief über ein Jahr stabil auf meinem Rechner.

Ist dieses Phänomen bekannt? Ansonsten kann ich bestimmt reproduzieren!

Dirk
Spacefish

Post by Spacefish »

@Dirk,

die 150m kommen zustande, wenn der Druck-Sensor nicht gelesen werden kann / defekt ist..
Werden auch 99°C oder -99°C angezeigt?
oldschooldirk

Post by oldschooldirk »

Hallo,

Werden auch 99°C oder -99°C angezeigt?
Nein, sonst waren keine Auffälligkeiten.
Ich habe dann wie beschrieben die 2.96 installiert und seitdem verhält er sich wieder ganz normal.
Soll ich die aktuelle Firmware nochmal testweise installieren?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Dirk
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Ja, bitte, denn an der Firmware kann es nach allem Ermessen nicht liegen. Und wenn es doch sein sollte, dann würde uns brennend interessieren was da los ist!

Viele Grüße
Ralph
oldschooldirk

Post by oldschooldirk »

Hallo

Heute hatte Ich nochmal Zeit um den Firmware Wechsel zu vollziehen.
Leider hab ich wieder nur negatives zu berichten.

Ablauf:
update von 2.96 auf 3.07
Ostc startet neu
Und jetzt kommt’s, er ging direkt in tauchmodus und nun taucht er auf 94 m ohne Pause durchweg auf meinem Couchtisch.
Die Temperatur zeigt minus 32grad an. Das Backcover hab ich auch mal abgeschraubt, dort ist nix dreckig oder versalzt. Sieht Jungfräulich aus.

Zur Erinnerung die 2.96 machte sowas definitiv nicht. Dort lief alles voll normal.
So wie krieg ich ihn jetzt wieder in den Update Modus das ich ihn wieder nutzen kann? Oh man eh.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dirk
Mikkog

Post by Mikkog »

Hello,

I upgraded my OSTC 2 Tech from version 2.xx to 3.07 a week ago and set up some parameters like the display name etc. using the "Companion V3.00 beta 8" software on my Macbook Pro. Then charged the battery and stowed the computer until two days ago when preparing for a dive to come. While opening the pouch I noticed the computer was on, and the battery was down to some 50% so it had been working quite a lot in between. I tried to play with the unit and noticed the left button is non-responsive, while the right button was OK. I left the unit on table overnight and noticed that it rebooted and started-up several time per minute all night long. Also the menu "arrow" rotated independently and randomly across the selections...

I waited for the right moment, entered the bluetooth with the right button, however right after establishing connection it is also immediately broken. So I could not re-install the firmware. I took the unit to a dive yesterday and saw it went into dive mode, however I could not switch gases etc. ending up in alarms, as the left button still did not work. I was diving technical in a new cave so I could not focus on the unit nor play around with it. I just wanted to give it a "shock" with dive mode and see if it helps. Once back on surface, the old symptoms continued.

Now, in addition to making its own independent moves, if I hold the left button for some time, after a while the menu arrow will start to continuously rotate across the menu, for a period relative to how long I was pressing the button. So the button itself seems to be working, but there is a "lag" of 10 seconds or so to execute my command. This is similar to old PC's where accidentally pressing a key on the keyboard resulted in continuous keystrokes and finally a warning beep. As if the processor was overloaded.

What should I do? Is there a way to "hard reset" the OSTC somehow without bluetooth, or shall I send it to factory? Waiting for the battery to drain would take 2 weeks, after which I should be diving again already...

BR, Mikko
heinrichsweikamp

Hi,

This issue has been fixed in the now releases 3.08: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22028

Regards,
Matthias