OSTC2 Download of dives not possible in Subsurface

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Daniel16

OSTC2 Download of dives not possible in Subsurface

Post by Daniel16 »

Hallo,

Since the update 3.07 (maybe already with 3.05) I can’t download new dives in my subsurface divelog anymore. Updating and changing the firmware via Subsurface is still possible. Only when I try to download new dives an error occurs, and the Bluetooth connection is lost.
I tried deleting the Bluetooth device in windows and resetting Bluetooth in the ostc2.
it also occurs when I use the COM port directly.

the subsurface logfile shows following error:

ERROR: Buffer overflow detected! [in /win/subsurface/libdivecomputer/src/hw_ostc_parser.c:981 (hw_ostc_parser_samples_foreach)]
INFO: Write: size=1, data=FF
INFO: Read: size=1, data=FF

OSTC2 TR V3.07
Windows 10 with subsurface 4.9.3

hopefully someone here can help me.
Best regards Daniel
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC2 Download of dives not possible in Subsurface

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

Check this thread: https://forum.heinrichsweikamp.com/read.php?6,21921

A fix/workaorund is already rolled out into the different download softwares.

regards,
Matthias
cyberdiamond

Post by cyberdiamond »

I have build the latest subsurface and confirming it works for downloading my ccr dives now, it can also be downloaded from github if you can't build it.
Steve
Goose_66

Post by Goose_66 »

Hello, I also have a problem downloading dives. I am using subsurface on MAC and it is the latest version. Also on OSTC 2 I was on 3.05, now on 3.07 and this did not fix the issue.

two more things.
The link above to the referenced thread does not work ...
This new forum software does not clearly shows the posts' dates (or at least I could not find them)

Thanks for your help.

Fabio
Goose_66

Post by Goose_66 »

Also, since I am a registered user of Macdive (I was using it before subsurface), I did try with the latest version and It cannot download dives also.
My intention was to download in macdive and reinport in subsurface ... which failed.

Please address the issue.

Kind regards

Fabio
TnT

Post by TnT »

Both subsurface and macdive use libdivecomputer for downloading dives. So it's not unexpected you see the same problem in both applications. This particular issue has already been fixed in libdivecomputer, but the latest subsurface release (v4.9.3) is older and doesn't have this fix. If you can't wait till the next release, you can always try one of the daily builds:

https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/s ... ci-release
Goose_66

Post by Goose_66 »

Thanks for your support, I will get one of those ...

Fabio
divemasterjaap

Post by divemasterjaap »

I can also not download any longer my dives , but then to diving log 6.0
no errors, but no divedate downloaded.
Goose_66

Post by Goose_66 »

[quote=TnT post_id=22047 time=1578395133 user_id=634]
Both subsurface and macdive use libdivecomputer for downloading dives. So it's not unexpected you see the same problem in both applications. This particular issue has already been fixed in libdivecomputer, but the latest subsurface release (v4.9.3) is older and doesn't have this fix. If you can't wait till the next release, you can always try one of the daily builds:

https://github.com/Subsurface-divelog/s ... ci-release
[/quote]

Hello TNT,
did download the latest daily build (yesterdays') : Subsurface-4.9.3-733-g042799eb2a4e
Still getting Unable to open 00:80:25:4A:CD:F4 Heinrichs Weikamp (OSTC 2) Error.
And in the red bar under the window I get an "unsupported operation error"

Now I can upload a new firmware through subsurface and I did yesterday.
If the dailybuilds are with the fixed libdivecomputer the issue must be somewhere else. What do you think?

Fabio
TnT

Post by TnT »

@Goose_66: You shouldn't get an "unsupported operation" error. Can you try to download your dives again with the "enable libdivecomputer logfile" checkbox enabled? Afterwards, send the log file, so I can see what is going wrong.

@divemasterjaap: Enable the "Log Errors" checkbox under advanced settings when downloading and send me the log file.
Goose_66

Post by Goose_66 »

[quote=TnT post_id=22054 time=1578466731 user_id=634]
@Goose_66: You shouldn't get an "unsupported operation" error. Can you try to download your dives again with the "enable libdivecomputer logfile" checkbox enabled? Afterwards, send the log file, so I can see what is going wrong.

@divemasterjaap: Enable the "Log Errors" checkbox under advanced settings when downloading and send me the log file.
[/quote]

Hello TNT, thanks for your help. I am posting the same in reply to the subsurface forum ....
Subsurface is not generating any file (Yes I did select the checkbox, got the pop up saying that it would not save to log and selected a file name and location). This is probably because it does not open the computer at all:Error Unable to open 00:80:25:4A:CD:F4 Heinrichs Weikamp (OSTC 2) in the error pop up and Unsupported Operation in the red bar.

What I also found out is that both version are running the same libdivecomp:
-------
Subsurface: v4.9.3, built with libdivecomputer v0.7.0-devel-Subsurface-NG (ce6d9896a79afaa82641132e338f8744714c8593)
----------
Subsurface: v4.9.3-733-g042799eb2a4e, built with libdivecomputer v0.7.0-devel-Subsurface-NG (4eb34b1466e7dff3ee2c0dfbeeef3642c2166d8c)
--------
So if the problem is libdivecomp, the daily build is not dealing with the issue.
Goose_66

Post by Goose_66 »

Hello TnT,
finally managed to dump the OSTC, for some reasons my other macbook is not initiating communications hence the unsupported operation and the failed creation of the dump file.

This new forum software does not allow me to attach a hex file or many other extensions included .txt
I renamed it as .gif and it says is too big.

Where should I send it? You can download also from here:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!categ ... C3Xgbait10

Fabio
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

You can attach 7z,ace,bz2,gtar,gz,rar,tar,tgz,zip files (And we adjusted the file size to 10MiB).

Regards,
Matthias
Goose_66

Post by Goose_66 »

Here it is ...

Thanks

Fabio
Attachments
subsurface_dump.hex.zip
(478.61 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
Goose_66

Post by Goose_66 »

Hello TnT,

today after work I went back to my original McBook pro and investigated connectivity.
Although I was scanning and saving the connection details in the import from divecomputer dialog, subsurface was actually attempting download from the wrong TTY.
After manually trying all the TTYs in the dropdown list I managed to fully download the dives.
Using the daily build (v4.9.3-733-g042799eb2a4e) all the data was correctly imported in the dive list.

Sorry for the waste of time. If you need a libdivecomp dump just ask but I guess it is unnecessary unless you need additional data for your work.

Appreciate you help

Fabio