OSTC Plus long sleep

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Grinch

OSTC Plus long sleep

Post by Grinch »

Hi, big question. I have OSTC Plus for couple month. Did not have probles till start to dive in caves, fresh water. Probablly from water presure didnt swich in automaticly in water and in water couldnt swich in.
I’ve sat it on the charger and the charger went first in blinking red, then flashing green and after taking couple times it went solid green. Could start only later after couple hours. Did dive today in Sea water and on second dive didnt swich atomaticly in dive time in water and after that couldnt swich in at all. Couputer went on long sleep.
Sat it on the charger and the charger went solid green at first then changed to flashing green but still no activity from the dive computer.

I have had similar issues waking it up before but if I carried on poking it then it would wake up before.

Need big help!!!:S
Arvis Grinbergs
Cave Diver
jb2cool

Re: OSTC Plus long sleep

Post by jb2cool »

I think the advice before was to make sure the compass is calibrated as the computer uses that to sense movement and wake up. I needed to remove/reinsert the battery to get the computer to wake initially but then after recalibrating the compass I've had no issues.

Make sure you are on the latest firmware too, there was an older firmware that could lock the computer up and it'd stay on and just drain the battery.
Grinch

Re: OSTC Plus long sleep

Post by Grinch »

Ohhh, as I didnt used a compass I even didnt calibrat it. Thanks a million. And I did remove battery and put it back but nothing changed. Afetr your advice I put not chargebale battery and it´s started again, so it could be bad batery as well. Reason what you were mention used all battery.

Thanks again. You helped me out :)
Arvis Grinbergs
Cave Diver