hwOS Tech: Version 3.08 released

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
heinrichsweikamp

hwOS Tech: Version 3.08 released

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

The new hwOS tech (for OSTC3, plus, cR, OSTC 2 and OSTC sport (mod. 19)) firmware 3.08 is now available for download:
https://heinrichsweikamp.com/service/firmwares

[3.08]
BUGFIX: "Sticky" button behaviour on some hardware versions (Only OSTC 2 (2017), TR and OSTC plus)

[3.07]
This update is strongly recommended for all users of the 3.03 or 3.05:
BUGFIX: Hardware versions 13-xx-xx and 58-xx-xx could hang up with single-language versions of 3.03 or 3.05

BUGFIX: Add surface part at end of dive to surface interval properly
BUGFIX: Average depth in logbook did not took salinity setting into account
CHANGE: Change color of temperature values in logbook to yellow

The version has many new features and changes, but the basic settings have not changed much since 3.01 and OSTC experienced users will be fine with it at once. By popular request some settings have been extended and added. Thus the gas change is suggested again independently of an actual deco stop at the change depth and also the maximum ppO2 can be set beyond 1.6bar. As always, this applies here: Changes to the basic settings via accepted limits (GF>100, ppO2>1.6) are the responsibility of the user. In order to correctly forecast the TTS even when using more than one or two decogases (OC), a little more care must now be taken in the gas setup for such dives. For example, the MOD/change depth must also be set for the start gas (First) so that the OSTC can propose and predict all gases in the correct order. However, this still applies unchanged: Each gas from the gas list can be selected at any time in the dive. Unsuitable gases are already marked red in the gas list and a warning/recommendation is issued when selecting. The control remains however to 100% with the user.

Die neue hwOS tech Firmware 3.08 (für OSTC3, plus, cR, OSTC 2 und OSTC sport (mod. 19)) ist jetzt zum kostenlosen Download verfügbar:
https://heinrichsweikamp.com/service/firmwares

[3.08]
BUGFIX: In bestimmten Hardwareversionen konnten die Taster "hängen" (Nur OSTC 2 (2017), TR und OSTC plus)

[3.07]
Für alle Nutzer der 3.03 und 3.05 ist dieses Update dringend empfohlen:
BUGFIX: Hardware versions 13-xx-xx and 58-xx-xx could hang up with single-language versions of 3.03 or 3.05

BUGFIX: Add surface part at end of dive to surface interval properly
BUGFIX: Average depth in logbook did not took salinity setting into account
CHANGE: Change color of temperature values in logbook to yellow

Die Version hat zahlreiche neue Funktionen und Änderungen, in den Grundeinstellungen hat sich jedoch nichts Grundlegendes zur 3.01 geändert und mit dem OSTC erfahrene Benutzer werden gleich damit zurecht kommen. Auf vielfachen Wunsch hin wurden einige Einstellmöglichkeiten erweitert und hinzugefügt. So wird der Gaswechsel wieder unabhängig von einem tatsächlichen Dekostopp auf der Wechseltiefe vorgeschlagen und auch der maximale ppO2 lässt sich über 1,6bar hinaus einstellen. Wie immer gilt hier: Veränderungen an den Grundeinstellungen über anerkannte Limits (GF>100, ppO2>1,6) liegen in der Verantwortung des Benutzers. Um die TTS auch bei Verwendung von mehr als einem oder zwei Dekogasen (OC) korrekt zu prognostizieren muss bei derartigen TG jetzt etwas mehr Sorgfalt im Gas Setup angewendet werden. So muss z.B. auch für das Start-Gas (First) die MOD/Wechseltiefe eingestellt werden damit der OSTC alle Gase in der richtigen Reihenfolge vorschlagen und vorausberechnen kann. Hier gilt aber weiterhin unverändert: Jedes Gas aus der Gasliste kann beim TG zu jedem Zeitpunkt gewählt werden. Unpassende Gase sind dabei schon in der Gasliste rot markiert und bei auswählen wird eine Warnung/Empfehlung ausgegeben. Die Kontrolle bleibt aber zu 100% beim Benutzer.

Details on hwOS: https://heinrichsweikamp.com/hw-os

How to install: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14509&sid=523868e80 ... 5f630b93c2

Regards,
Matthias
Jay1980

Re: hwOS Tech: Version 3.08 released

Post by Jay1980 »

Hi,

After 3.07 update I had the sticky behavior on the right button.
I managed to perform the upgrade to 3.08 but sticky behavior remains.

What should I do ?

All updates performed with OSTC Companion (3.00 Beta8) on Windows 10.
OSTC #15517
SW : V3.08
HW : 13-49-3F

Some comments on [url]viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22039[/url]

Thanks for your help.
Cheers !
Jeremy
Jay1980

Post by Jay1980 »

Hi,

Can I get any help please?
Or should I send it back to factory?

Kind regards.
Jay
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi Jay,

sorry for the delay in answering. Before sending the OSTC to HW, there is one thing you may try out before: there is a chance that the button recovers after a reboot. If menu operation is not possible, there is one to two other ways: if your OSTC is an old 2 (big housing) it can be rebooted by placing a strong magnet on the center of the screen while it is charged from the backside. The second one is to keep it awake until the battery is drained. It then does a power-out shutdown and reboots again on next charging. The downside is, keeping it awake by pressing the left button every few minutes for many hours isn't practical... So if chances are you can put the OSTC into divemode by submerging it by approx. 1.5 meters or put it under pressure by some other way...

good luck! ;-)
Ralph
Jay1980

Post by Jay1980 »

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the tips but unfortunately the reboot by powerdown hasn't been helpful.

Further it goes worst it is. I can't event manage to come out of logbook menu since the reboot.
It swaps screen every second or even shorter.

Cheers !
Jeremy
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Oh well, then i am running out of ideas now...
Please contact HW by direct email with reference to this posts to check out / arrange factory inspection as i suspect a hardware issue.

BR
Ralph
Jay1980

Post by Jay1980 »

[quote=Ralph post_id=22343 time=1585468767 user_id=2006]
Oh well, then i am running out of ideas now...
Please contact HW by direct email with reference to this posts to check out / arrange factory inspection as i suspect a hardware issue.

BR
Ralph
[/quote]

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for your answer. I suspected that... So sad 😔
Stay safe.

Cheers!
Jeremy
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »