S8 cable with plugs on both sides

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Deep Blue Sea

S8 cable with plugs on both sides

Post by Deep Blue Sea »

Hi there!
I am concidering the integration of a OSTC cR and HUD in my homebuilt CCR Project.
I've seen the availability of the S8 cables with open ends, but I don't like to have a blue globe in my scruber head. I really would prefer to have a rigid S8 socket in my head and an S8 cable with plugs on both sides. Did someone tried such a layout? Are there S8-sockets available vor mounting into a scruber head at all?
What I also would like to know is how the whole thing with cR and HUD looks like when wired. I read the descriptions, looked at the pictures, but somehow I still can not imagine the topology and necessary components. Would you like to show me pictures of your layouts?

1500€ is quite lot of money. So I want to be 101% sure about how it works, before purchasing stuff, machining heads and so on...
heinrichsweikamp3
Site Admin

Re: S8 cable with plugs on both sides

Post by heinrichsweikamp3 »

Hi,

Check the attached manual with the wiring of the cables and yes: We also have S8 bulkheads for install (It's an M14x1) thread in the head. Please contact us for details. When using the HUD you'll need two cables into the head, the cable from the CR into the head contains the HUD connections (Digital Data to the small HUD module) and the analog wiring for the sensors.

regards,
Matthias
Attachments
OSTC_cR__EN_web.pdf
(378.77 KiB) Downloaded 234 times