hwOS Tech: Version 3.09 beta 4 available

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Ralph

Re: hwOS Tech: Version 3.09 beta 4 available

Post by Ralph »

For the OSTC, simulator mode is indeed real diving!

There are only 3 differences between simu and real dive modes:
- the pressure sensor value is overwritten by the simulated depth / pressure at a very low level in the code, to have as much of the original code working in sim mode, too.
- there is an artificial timeout after 90 minutes as Matthias already wrote, this timeout is deactivated in real dive mode.
- the simulator does not export residual tissue pressures etc. to "reality".

But despite these three tweaks, the simulator runs in the original dive mode code, hence all reactions and displays are exactly the same as with real diving. Great learning tool, yes!
gr3yw0lf

Post by gr3yw0lf »

yesterday I made two real dives with this firmware. worked nice and smooth, desat-time and no-fly are displayed both, the additional page in the logbook is a little bit nerdy but very nice ;)
I found nothing to complain....
greez

martin
life is better in fins

OSTC Plus #18168
algo

Post by algo »

I can only agree on that. Yesterday (finally) in the Lake of Constance. Firmware works great, new page in the logbook is interesting. And yes, i like the enhanced time before the OSTC goes to sleep now!

Great job.

BR
Alex
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

For all to track & know:

The new page in the logbook shows the state of the tissues (as by the Bühlmann model) at the point in time when surfacing, along with the time of surfacing. It may be useful information in case one experiences deco problems after the dive...
gr3yw0lf

Post by gr3yw0lf »

hi ralf
I think that page is self-explanatory. for me its a "nice-to-have", not only for deco-dives, also for repetetive ndl-dives.
hm....
one thing: the longer time, before my ostc plus gets to stand-by is very nice - but why doesn't it record a surface-temperature?
life is better in fins

OSTC Plus #18168
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

You mean surface temperature before the dive? Well, 3 answers:
- noone asked for it up to now...
- there is no spare space in the existing logbook storage format to record additional data without ripping off lots of existing code...
- Matthias will kill me if i start to program that, as he started final testing in preperation for the next release version...
gr3yw0lf

Post by gr3yw0lf »

hi ralf
I was just asking, 'cause I realy write down my dives in a paper-logbook by hand and there is always a place for the surface-temperature before the dive. it's also a "nice-to-have".
for me no problem, because my backup-dc gives me that - or my outdoor-watch ;)

and I don't want you to commit suicide by talking to matthias 'bout that. maybe you pick up the idea for a later release :twisted:
life is better in fins

OSTC Plus #18168