hwOS tech: Version 3.10 released

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
heinrichsweikamp

hwOS tech: Version 3.10 released

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hello,

ENGLISH:

The new hwOS tech (for OSTC3, plus, cR, OSTC 2 and OSTC sport (mod. 19)) firmware 3.10 is now available for download:
https://heinrichsweikamp.com/service/firmwares

[3.10]
- Hardened all USB/Bluetooth communication against data losses and timeouts
- A new Firmware Recovery Feature has been added: the currently active firmware can be backed-up and restored later on while other firmwares have been loaded thereafter. The feature is accessible via Settings -> System Settings -> Reset Menu -> Reboot and becomes available with the first firmware load after the V3.09 beta 4 (or later) is already on the unit.
- New option to acknowledge the most recent warning in dive mode (Left press -> Ackn?)
- Removed option 'ascent speed', ascent calculation is done with a fixed speed of 10 meters/minute now (equals the ascent speed limit by Bühlmann).
- Improved calculation accuracy of the initial ascent. Remark: this will have a slight impact on the resulting deco schedule compared to firmware 3.08.
- The deco calculator now figures in the salinity setting.
- Aligned logbook and last dive summery of avg and max depth regarding rounding and incorporation of salinity setting.
- Done some fine-tuning of depth outputs when using imperial units (feet).
- In dive mode, sometimes the temperature was not shown any more after a gas change - fixed now.
- The menu system around setting up the dive mode & settings has been decluttered. All settings are now sorted into the groups dive setup, deco setup, SAC (gas needs) setup, ppO2 setup and stops & depths setup.
- There is a new option "Swap on empty" in Dive Setup -> SAC Setup. It is only effective if "CalcGas(B/O)" is switched on, too. If both options are switched on, the deco calculation will switch to another tank (i.e. gas) once the tank of the current gas is calculated to be used up. This function can be used to automatically calculate a contingency in case of running out of a deco gas, as the deco calculation will then continue to calculate a deco making use of the spares from the another gases carried. Another application is with two or more tanks holding the same gas (i.e. independent double configuration, side-mount), as the calculations will then take the cumulative amount of gas carried into account before raising a gas needs attention or alarm.
- Fixed the urge of the better gas hint to always favor one specific gas out of a set of two or more gases that have the same change depth.
- For dives done on firmware >= 3.08 the logbook will have one more pageshowing the tissue pressures and supersaturation levels as of at the
end of dive (i.e. when surfacing).
- As long as a gas or diluent is currently selected as breathed, it can not be set into the lost state any more.
- When changing the battery or doing a cold start, the current CNS value does not get lost any more.
- During loading of a new firmware the clock will not loose time any more (on old firmware it became late by about 15 sec on each firmware update).
- When run from a 3.6 V battery (either replaceable or built-in), the surface mode timeout is now extended to 4 minutes before going to sleep
mode. If the OSTC is run from 1.5 V disposables, the timeout remains at the previous 90 seconds to save on battery runtime.
- Internal improvement: the code for the internal storage system and for the communication system (firmware uploading, dive data downloading)
has been re-factored to secure maintainability for the next years to come.
- Internal improvement: the scheduler for the dive mode calculation plans (fTTS, bailout) has been completely rewritten for better maintainability.

[3.08]
BUGFIX: "Sticky" button behaviour on some hardware versions (Only OSTC 2 (2017), TR and OSTC plus)

[3.07]
This update is strongly recommended for all users of the 3.03 or 3.05:
BUGFIX: Hardware versions 13-xx-xx and 58-xx-xx could hang up with single-language versions of 3.03 or 3.05

BUGFIX: Add surface part at end of dive to surface interval properly
BUGFIX: Average depth in logbook did not took salinity setting into account
CHANGE: Change color of temperature values in logbook to yellow

The version has many new features and changes, but the basic settings have not changed much since 3.01 and OSTC experienced users will be fine with it at once. By popular request some settings have been extended and added. Thus the gas change is suggested again independently of an actual deco stop at the change depth and also the maximum ppO2 can be set beyond 1.6bar. As always, this applies here: Changes to the basic settings via accepted limits (GF>100, ppO2>1.6) are the responsibility of the user. In order to correctly forecast the TTS even when using more than one or two decogases (OC), a little more care must now be taken in the gas setup for such dives. For example, the MOD/change depth must also be set for the start gas (First) so that the OSTC can propose and predict all gases in the correct order. However, this still applies unchanged: Each gas from the gas list can be selected at any time in the dive. Unsuitable gases are already marked red in the gas list and a warning/recommendation is issued when selecting. The control remains however to 100% with the user.

Please post connection/update-only issues in a new thread.

DEUTSCH:

Die neue hwOS tech Firmware 3.10 (für OSTC3, plus, cR, OSTC 2 und OSTC sport (mod. 19)) ist jetzt zum kostenlosen Download verfügbar:
https://heinrichsweikamp.com/service/firmwares

[3.10]
BUGFIX: Verbesserte Berechnungsgenauigkeit des Erstaufstiegs. Bemerkung: dies wird einen leichten Einfluss auf den resultierenden Dekoplan haben, verglichen mit der 3.08
ÄNDERUNG: Das Menüsystem zum Einrichten des Tauchmodus und der Einstellungen wurde aufgeräumt. Alle Einstellungen sind jetzt in die Gruppen TG-Einstellungen, Dekompression, SAC (Gasbedarf)-Einstellung, O2 Partialdruck und Stopps und Tiefen einsortiert.
NEU: Es gibt eine neue Option "Swap on empty" in TG-Einstellungen -> SAC Einstellung. Sie ist nur wirksam, wenn auch "CalcGas(B/O)" eingeschaltet ist. Wenn beide Optionen eingeschaltet sind, wechselt die Deko-Berechnung zu einem anderen, aktiven Tank (d.h. Gas), sobald der Tank des aktuellen Gases in der Berechnung verbraucht ist. Dies ist vor allem für Sidemount-Taucher interessant da hierbei der Gasvorrat beider Flaschen gleichzeitig berücksichtig wird.
NEU: Für TG mit Firmware >= 3.08 wird im Logbuch noch eine weitere Detailseite mit Sättigunsdaten angezeigt
NEU: Warnungen können im Tauchmodus bestätigt und damit weggeschaltet werden (Linke Taste -> Best?)
BUGFIX: Die gesamte USB/Bluetooth-Kommunikation wurde gegen Datenverluste und Timeouts abgehärtet
NEU: Eine neue Firmware-Wiederherstellungsfunktion wurde hinzugefügt: die derzeit aktive Firmware kann gesichert und später wiederhergestellt werden, während andere Firmwares geladen wurden. Die Funktion ist zugänglich über Konfiguration -> System -> Reset Menü -> Neustart/Backup und wird mit dem ersten Laden einer Firmware verfügbar nach der 3.10 (oder später).
BUGFIX: Beim Laden einer neuen Firmware verliert die Uhr keine Zeit mehr (bei der alten Firmware kam es bei jedem Firmware-Update zu einer Verspätung von etwa 15 Sekunden).
ÄNDERUNG: Bei Betrieb mit einer 3,6-V-Batterie (entweder austauschbar oder eingebaut) wird der Timeout auf 4 Minuten vor dem Einschlafen verlängert. Bei 1,5V Batterien bleibt es bei 90 um die Batterie zu schonen
ÄNDERUNG: Interne Verbesserung: der Code für das interne Speichersystem und für das Kommunikationssystem (Hochladen der Firmware, herunterladen der Tauchdaten) wurde umstrukturiert, um die Wartbarkeit für die nächsten Jahre zu sichern.
ÄNDERUNG:Interne Verbesserung: der Scheduler für die Tauchmodus-Berechnungspläne (fTTS, bailout) wurde zur besseren Wartbarkeit komplett neu geschrieben.

[3.08]
BUGFIX: In bestimmten Hardwareversionen konnten die Taster "hängen" (Nur OSTC 2 (2017), TR und OSTC plus)

[3.07]
Für alle Nutzer der 3.03 und 3.05 ist dieses Update dringend empfohlen:
BUGFIX: Hardware versions 13-xx-xx and 58-xx-xx could hang up with single-language versions of 3.03 or 3.05

BUGFIX: Add surface part at end of dive to surface interval properly
BUGFIX: Average depth in logbook did not took salinity setting into account
CHANGE: Change color of temperature values in logbook to yellow

Die Version hat zahlreiche neue Funktionen und Änderungen, in den Grundeinstellungen hat sich jedoch nichts Grundlegendes zur 3.01 geändert und mit dem OSTC erfahrene Benutzer werden gleich damit zurecht kommen. Auf vielfachen Wunsch hin wurden einige Einstellmöglichkeiten erweitert und hinzugefügt. So wird der Gaswechsel wieder unabhängig von einem tatsächlichen Dekostopp auf der Wechseltiefe vorgeschlagen und auch der maximale ppO2 lässt sich über 1,6bar hinaus einstellen. Wie immer gilt hier: Veränderungen an den Grundeinstellungen über anerkannte Limits (GF>100, ppO2>1,6) liegen in der Verantwortung des Benutzers. Um die TTS auch bei Verwendung von mehr als einem oder zwei Dekogasen (OC) korrekt zu prognostizieren muss bei derartigen TG jetzt etwas mehr Sorgfalt im Gas Setup angewendet werden. So muss z.B. auch für das Start-Gas (First) die MOD/Wechseltiefe eingestellt werden damit der OSTC alle Gase in der richtigen Reihenfolge vorschlagen und vorausberechnen kann. Hier gilt aber weiterhin unverändert: Jedes Gas aus der Gasliste kann beim TG zu jedem Zeitpunkt gewählt werden. Unpassende Gase sind dabei schon in der Gasliste rot markiert und bei auswählen wird eine Warnung/Empfehlung ausgegeben. Die Kontrolle bleibt aber zu 100% beim Benutzer.

Bitte Fragen zum Updateprozess/Probleme beim Update in einem neuen Thread posten.

Details on hwOS: https://heinrichsweikamp.com/hw-os

How to install: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=14509

Regards,
Matthias
Christophe

Re: hwOS tech: Version 3.10 released

Post by Christophe »

Bonjour,
Téléchargé et installé sur mon OSTC 2. Y'a plus qu'à attendre la fin du confinement pour tester :)
dadefay

Post by dadefay »

Hi,

It's the good time to play with the simulator mode !

Best regards.
Didier A. Defay
OC trimix instructor / Trimix CCR diver
France

OSTC 2 #18835
- OSTC Plus #16077
-- OSTC 3+ #4806
--- OSTC 3 #3999
algo

Post by algo »

Hi,

did i dive today. Everything worked fine, despite a little graphical bug.
- Screen layout: large
- Graphics: N2+He

On the screen in dive mode with the tissues, you can notice blue line is outside the white box, the white box is cut. It is also visible when deco is reached... picture is from simulator

BR
Alex
Attachments
IMG_0615.jpg
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi Alex,

thanks a lot for your report. I can conform it is "just" a nasty graphical bug without any undesired side effects. Anyhow, fixing is under way...

BR
Ralph
heinrichsweikamp3
Site Admin

Post by heinrichsweikamp3 »

Hi,

We fixed it, please reload the firmware from the website (Or in the Update App).

Release date in the information menu should be 30.04.20 then.

Sorry for the trouble,
Matthias
jb2cool

Post by jb2cool »

Updated my OSTC Plus and everything working well, thanks.

Just one small comment, on the middle line of the computer where it shows Saturation, Ceiling and Tissues i don't believe this is showing saturation but rather it's showing supersaturation. I know the screen is limited on space so you can't fit the whole word supersaturation in there but just having saturation in there is misleading. What are your thoughts on the words s-saturation or super-sat instead? Now that i know it's not actually saturation it doesn't really bother me too much but i thought it was worth discussing.

Is there a way i can see what my GF would be if i surfaced now? I know i can potentially speed up my deco if required by using an alternate gradient factor set but i'm wondering it it would be useful to see what my GF would be if i decided to cut off some deco and surface early. This only has limited use but i think it does have some use.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi,

thanks for your post. You are correct, technically it is "supersaturation". While even the leading tissue is still in the 'saturation' range, the displayed value is clipped to zero. When going into the supersaturation state, the tissue pressure is higher than the inhaled partial pressure and thus the tissue is starting to decay pressure, indicated by the color change in the tissue diagram and the (super)saturation number going up. There is a strong relation between the supersaturation value and the set GF factors, as the GF factors determin the target value for the supersaturation value while on the way up through the deco stops.

The ceiling depth shown in the middle position gives the depth where a supersaturation of 100% (classic Bühlmann) or a supersaturation equalling the set GF high value will be reached. To answer your 2nd question, the OSTC does not calculate the supersat at depth zero, but the other way around: depth were GF high (or 100%) is reached. If you activate alternative GFs and set the aGF high to 100%, you can probe how much deco depth you would skip if surfacing immediately. Additionally, the tissue diagramm, when switched to 'pres+sat.' mode, will give a live view on how close the tissues come to, or are above, the 100% supersat limit, depicted by the red line. So you can go slowly up above indicated stop depth, taking own control of the deco schedule by looking at the supersat value and the tissue graphics, Actually this whole custom view is designed to have all relevant information in one place to enable an alternative way to control a deco ascent managing supersaturation on one's own, should following the classical 3 meter stop interval scheme not be possible for whatsoever reason (dimishing gas supply, overpopulated deco rig, cave topology, ...)

BR
Ralph
dadefay

Post by dadefay »

Hi,

In release 3.10 I found a new parameter for which it seems there is no explanation in Matthias's annoucement : Prof. Flash (in french, Flash Depth in english ?)

Did I missed something ?

Also, despite what it is explained, the variable ascent rate is steel available ; same question, did I missed something ?

Best regards.
Didier A. Defay
France

OSTC 2 #18835
- OSTC Plus #16077
-- OSTC 3+ #4806
--- OSTC 3 #3999
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi,

"Prof. Flash": if you mean the entry in the display settings menu, if turned on, on a depth related warning the depth display will not only change color but will also flash in alternating normal/inverse printing. This option had been in the code for long, but was kind of hidden somewhere else in the menu.

The former "variable ascent rate" for deco ascent calculation has been stripped from the code. Where did you find it? Probably with the speed graphics? In this case, if set to yes, depth-depended thresholds are used in the scaling of the speed bargraph.

BR
Ralph
dadefay

Post by dadefay »

Hi Ralph,

"This option had been in the code for long, but was kind of hidden somewhere else in the menu."
Sure, never seen before !

"Where did you find it? Probably with the speed graphics".
Yes, correct.

Thanks for your fast answer.
Didier A. Defay
France

OSTC 2 #18835
- OSTC Plus #16077
-- OSTC 3+ #4806
--- OSTC 3 #3999
ClaudeDive

Post by ClaudeDive »

Hi Ralph,

In the v3.10 presentation you talk about a new function:
> New option to acknowledge the most recent warning in dive mode (Left press -> Ackn?)
I havn't seen it ! Can we see it on the simulator ?
To translate "Ackn" in French, what is the English term ?

In the simulator we have "G.Density" in French > "G.Densité"
If this is the density of the gas breathed ...

In the "RaZ menu" > "Redémarrage/Backup" in French "Copie de Sauvegarde" if it's "Backup copy"

For the setting "Flash Deep:" / "Prof. Flash:" it would be clearer in French with: "Signal Prof." and a little less clear with "Flash Prof."

The result of the consumption test on the simulator isn't good !
For 18 min at 45 m: 345 L consumed and 160 b on a 15 L Tank >> Impossible !
So I didn't take the Trimix dive test, I can do it if you wish !

# Test 1 : AIR
My complete setup :
OSTC3 # 2430 > v3.10 latest version 2020.04.30
Clean fabrics, no diving for more than 72 hours
Depth 48 m - Time 18 mn
Atmos. pressure : 994 hPa – 31°C (Surface)
Mode : OC – AIR
Tank Volume : 15 L
Cave : No
fTTS : 3'
GF 83/85 - SD 100/100
Gas Change : +0'
SAC 15l / mn Bottom & Deco
PpO2 limits : work & deco at 1.6 b
PpO2 Min OC : 0.17b
Safety stop : No
Extended Stops : No
Last stop : 3m
Salinity : 3%
Variable speed : No

# Test 1 Results with v3.10 latest version 2020.04.30
# OSTC3 # 2430 > GF 83/85 - SD 100/100
Gas1:*Air > Résults calculation déco : TTS 30'
9m>4' - 6m>6' - 3m>16'
> Gas consumption :
Gas1:*Air > 345 L > 160 b > Tank volume : 15L
Cheers ;)
ClaudeDive ><)))))°> OSTC3 #2430 <°(((((><
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi Claude,

to start with the nasty thing - you actually discovered a bug in the deco calculator's gas volume output that somehow managed to go undetected in pre-release testing. I have fixed it here on my side and will send the patch to Matthias right after finishing this post.

The "Ackn" (short for "acknowledge") function is also available in the simulator, for sure! Whenever the warning or attention triangle sign is shown, the first left-button press will bring up "Ackn", and selecting it with the right button removes the triangle sign for the currently active warning or attention. In case another new warning or attention arises, it will come on again, and can subsequently be acknowledged again. This way, there is a clear indication on every new problem that is encountered during the dive, instead of the triangle sign staying on forever since the very first occasion.

Yes, it's the density of the currently breathed mix. It is only shown when in CCR mode, as in OC the gas density at planned depth can be calculated before the dive and figured in into the change depth / MOD Setting of the respective gas. But in CCR the gas density is dependend on the current setpoint / ppO2 in the loop and will therefore vary not only with depth, making it a little bit unpredictable beforehand or at least sensitive to SP adjustments during the dive.

"Redémarrage/Backup" is the entry point to a sub menu providing "Redémarrage" (reboot), firmware backup und firmware restore functions, hence the double name.

best regards,
Ralph
ClaudeDive

Post by ClaudeDive »

Hi Ralph,

The good news is that you fixed this bug quickly, THANK YOU,

For the "Ackn" ("acknowledge") function In French "Ok Vu" ("Ok bien Vu" or "Ok bien Noté") to acknowledge reicept the most recent warning in dive mode.

Ok in French for > "Redémarrage/Backup"

Ok in French For > "G.Densité"

Remember to translate into French with "Signal Prof." because it is a little ambiguous to put "Flash Prof." and it is even less well noted "Prof. Flash" (in French and in computer science the term "Flasher" can mean update so here for the depth it's not the intended meaning ...)
Cheers ;)
jack286

Post by jack286 »

Hi,

seit dem neuen Firmware-Update erscheint bei meinem OSTC plus oben rechts nicht mehr die Info Deko Zone (die ftts wurde dann immer grün). Wurde diese Funktionalität entfernt? Oder was muss ich in den Einstellungen ändern, damit dies wieder angezeigt wird?

Danke und viele Grüße
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hallo,

die Funktion ist noch da. Grundvoraussetzung ist, dass eine fTTS-Berechnung aktiviert ist und beide Deko-Pläne im gleichen Modus berechnet werden, also OC oder CCR ohne Gas-(Bailout-)Berechnung. Im CCR-Bailout-Fall wird nur ein Plan berechnet, dann entfällt die Funktion auch.
Sind alle Voraussetzungen gegeben, dann wird die fTTS-Zeit in grün dargestellt wenn gilt: fTTS < TTS. Weiterhin erscheint dann ein "Deco Zone" Hinweis, der wird allerdings unterdrückt wenn es eine Warnung zur Übersättigung gibt, bei einer aktiven IBCD-Warnung, wenn die aGF aktiv sind und generell im großen Layout (dort gibt es nur eine Zeile für Messages und die (grüne) fTTS- sowie der DecoZone Hinweis würden dann immer umspringen).

Viele Grüße,
Ralph
jack286

Post by jack286 »

Hi Ralph, danke für die Antwort. Ich denke, dass alle von dir genannten Kriterien erfüllt sind. Im Simulationsmodus sehe ich die Deco-Zone Angabe und Grünfärbung dennoch nicht

Wo ist mein Denkfehler :D
Attachments
IMG_20200504_185715.jpg
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hallo nochmal,

danke für deine Hartnäckigkeit, habe tatsächlich noch einen Fehler im Programm gefunden, der die Grünfärbung und die "Deco Zone" Meldung verhindert hat.

viele Grüße,
Ralph
Mathias

Post by Mathias »

[quote=Ralph post_id=22496 time=1588666100 user_id=2006]
Hallo nochmal,

danke für deine Hartnäckigkeit, habe tatsächlich noch einen Fehler im Programm gefunden, der die Grünfärbung und die "Deco Zone" Meldung verhindert hat.

viele Grüße,
Ralph
[/quote]

Hallo Ralph, das oben genannte ist jetzt auch abgeändert?

Danke!

Viele Grüße

Mathias
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Im Entwicklungsstamm ist es schon gefixt, wir sammeln gerade noch um dann konzertiert die nächste Firmware rauszugeben...
Mathias

Post by Mathias »

Vielen Dank für die schnelle Antwort!
ClaudeDive

Post by ClaudeDive »

Hi Ralph,

With the last v3.10 of 2020.05.07, for the consumption calculations, I did the Air and Trimix tests,
it's perfect everything is ok, thanks for update,
Cheers ;)
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hi Claude,

thanks for re-testing, it's always good to have an independent 2nd verification.

:-) Ralph
ClaudeDive

Post by ClaudeDive »

With pleasure Ralph,
Also seen the perfect translations,
there is just to translate in the simulator:
"G.Density" in French with "G.Densité"
Nice WE !
Cheers ;)
heinrichsweikamp