OSTC plus is not charging

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
WardQ

OSTC plus is not charging

Post by WardQ »

Hi,

My OSTC plus, bought last year on boot but only has about 20 dives on it will not charge.
A few months ago I got a new battery from HW since it was drained to deep and would not charge any more. Now, with the new battery provided (for free btw, excellent service!) I kept the charge above 80% and no problem. I dived the plus a few times and let it rest for two weeks. Charge is 62%. Again the same problem, when I put it on the charging pad it blinks green a few times and immediately after it blinks red and stops charging.
I tried several times but no luck. I removed the battery and installed it again but still no luck. It looks like this deep uncharge safety kicks in again, but I suppose this should not happen at 62%?
How can I solve this? When it works I like the charging pad but this kind of behavior doesn't make it feel reliable. When I leave it on the pad it blinks green sometimes for one blink and then red again.
Exactly this kind of behavior is why I really don’t like the fact that the Saft non rechargeable can not be used anymore...

Hope you can help.

Best, Ward
Kehrmaschine

Re: OSTC plus is not charging

Post by Kehrmaschine »

Hi Ward

I have a similar problem and no response from the guys at the moment. I assume they are trying to find the problem. Exchange your battery with a non chargeable AA Battery for a while, until the guys (hopefully) find a solution for us.

Best regards.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

Make sure to read our FAQ article about the most common question about this: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21023

Red blinking charger usually means either it's not set to "T2" or the power supply is not sufficient for the charger.

Regards,
Matthias
WardQ

Post by WardQ »

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for the quick reply. I’m aware of the FAQ. I find the explanation about the type of charger which should be used a little vague. I always use a phone/ipad charger or Anker powerbank. Always works, but they all give troubles when the charge of the ostc plus is below 65% ?, I did not test this. The ostc is charging now. I put it on the pad several times and let it rest for half an hour. Suddenly it decided to start charging. Not the way I like it. Anyway, it charges for now.
gr3yw0lf

Post by gr3yw0lf »

Some Details about the required USB adaptor: The charger can sink up to 2A (In almost all cases an adaptor with 1.5A is sufficient), especially when the battery is very low. Since no communication with the USB adaptor takes place (The charger just sinks the current), "fast-Charge" or "intelligent" USB adaptors may not work properly with our charger.
this could be the problem - I tried several adaptors until I found the right one (in my case a 2A-adaptor works great)
life is better in fins

OSTC Plus #18168