previous firmware versions?

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
skj310

previous firmware versions?

Post by skj310 »

I've not gone diving for a few years now and pulled out my OSTC Sport to make sure all is working. It's running 10.33 and I'd like to try to upgrade to the latest supported for my OSTC Sport 0696. I tried the 10.67 and this would not work and would just receive a "Firmware update failed" message. Note that I normally use subsurface to update my OSTC, and have done this various times in the past.

I think the reason for the fail is because I'm not allowed to install this version of firmare, it's too new. Hence i was going to try some older firmware versions, but i can't find old versions anywhere. So i am wondering where to look for them?
jb2cool

Re: previous firmware versions?

Post by jb2cool »

Try updating wit a different method, easiest might be OSTConf on your phone
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

I agree. Try with one of the Apps. For updating, the installed version is relevant, not the version you are installing. But 10.33 can be upgraded to 10.67 directly (as always).

Regards,
Matthias
skj310

Post by skj310 »

Thanks for that. I tried this on the iPhone but could not get the iphone to link to the bluetooth on this sport. With android pixel 4XL (android 11) i have no problem. Iphone 8 (iOS 14.0.1) gives me a lot of grief. I might have to report issues to the developers of the android and apple apps, but in reality ... had been keen to just use subsurface.

Am glad to hear that I should be able to update to 10.67 directly. Am thinking my issue is likely related to subsurface as i've tried using a couple linux laptops running the latest and greatest linuxmint20. Apologies for not providing more debug but i'll look deeper and see what i can dig up on the various means of updating the firmware and will let you know what i discover.
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

OSTC sport (old model) with red buttons (very old model)? These are not compatible with iOS devices (BT 2.0 only).

regards,
Matthias
skj310

Post by skj310 »

Yup ... that's my model! Hmmm ... i wonder if this is the same problem that I'm having with my android (pixel 4XL is bluetooth 5.0) and laptop (lenovo X1 carbon Gen6 bluetooth 4.2). I guess I'm going to need to talk with subsurface developers and see where my issue lies. Perhaps there's a way to get more debug from the software. I'll dig some more. Thanks for letting me know about BT2.0 on the iphone with my version of the OSTC sport. That nips that thread in the bud! Won't waste more time on that. Thanks again.