OSTC plus won't power on

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
RonMacRae

OSTC plus won't power on

Post by RonMacRae »

Hi,
Due to Covid I've not dived this year and I think my OSTC plus has completely discharged.

I've tried charging it for a couple of hours but it still won't come on.

I also tried removing and replacing the battery, still won't come on.

Is there something else you need to do if the battery completely discharges?

Thanks,

Ron.
jb2cool

Re: OSTC plus won't power on

Post by jb2cool »

Your best bet might be taking the battery out, charging it in a separate battery charger (fully or partially) and then putting it into the computer again to complete the charging cycle. Lots of us have had similar issues this year.
RonMacRae

Post by RonMacRae »

Thanks for that. I don't have a 3.6 volt charger. Cheaper to buy a new battery. Just need to make sure it doesn't discharge.
dadefay

Post by dadefay »

Hello,

I had a similar problem last week, during a diving cruise (I did not pay attention enough to the battery level before the third dive of the day, mea culpa). The battery refused to charge, even after several hours, nothing was displayed on the screen.

So I removed the 3.7 V rechargeable battery from the OSTC Plus, replaced it with a 1.5 V disposable battery and finished the cruise this way. I "tested" the battery with my tongue, no detectable voltage...

Once back home this morning, I measured the battery voltage and was surprised to read 3.6 V ! I suppose the battery recovered some charge after being left unused for 5 our 6 days. I put it in the OSTC, which restarted and indicated 0%, and quickly put the computer on its charging pad. It took several hours to reach 100%, but tonight the level is still 98%, so it seems my battery is ok.

Conclusion : next time I won't dive with a battery below 50%, it's safer.

Hope this will help.
Didier A. Defay
OC trimix instructor / Trimix CCR diver
France

OSTC 2 #18835
- OSTC Plus #16077
-- OSTC 3+ #4806
--- OSTC 3 #3999