Battery status

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
TUC

Battery status

Post by TUC »

I recently received an ostc2, I installed the latest firmware (3.13) and the machine works fine. I just have a doubt about the battery that I reset along with the new software .. It indicates T3 3.6V 100%. while charging the base flashes and the black screen has quick starts indicating 100% on a yellow background. everything is correct?

I forgot. my doubt arises because before the new firmware the battery indicated T0 3.6V 43%

TNKS
jb2cool

Re: Battery status

Post by jb2cool »

This sounds correct. Here is the extract from the manual.

T0 1.5v disposable
T1 3.6v disposable
T2 3.6v chargeable
T3/T4 permanently installed battery
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

T3 would be the right choice for an "OSTC 2 Mod. 2015":
Resize of P1070990_2.jpg
Recharge the unit until the battery is shown 100% on a green background (Or: Recharge at least 5-6 hours). Then, the internal battery meter is properly calibrated.

Regards,
Matthias
TUC

Post by TUC »

Thanks Matthias,
the model is the correct one, it seems strange to me that the battery was 42% and after firmware update 100% but the machine works. let's see when it will go out.
TUC

Post by TUC »

while we are talking about it .. is there a way to change the battery independently or should we refer to the parent company?
heinrichsweikamp

TUC wrote: Wednesday 28. April 2021, 09:30 the model is the correct one, it seems strange to me that the battery was 42% and after firmware update 100% but the machine works. let's see when it will go out.
Depending on the old version you had before it's absolutely required to recharge the unit indepentendly of the shown % value now. The % won't be valid until the next full recharge. See (new) manual page 42.

regards,
Matthias
TUC

Post by TUC »

I tried to recharge but the % value that during recharging has a yellow background instead of remaining fixed is flashing and recharging at 100% is interrupted. this is also visible from the battery voltage which goes from 3.6 to 3.8v for a few moments. I must surely wait for the discharge to be able to fully recharge.
heinrichsweikamp

Typical sign if either the alignment is not ok or the USB power supply is not sufficient.

Some Details about the required USB adapter: The charger can sink up to 2A (In almost all cases an adapter with 1.5A is sufficient), especially when the battery is very low. Since no communication with the USB adapter takes place (The charger just sinks the current), "fast-Charge" or "intelligent" USB adapters may not work properly with our charger. Is the charger indicating green and then after a short period of time red, it's usually a charger that can not supply sufficient current. We offer a suitable adapter in the Webshop.

regards,
Matthias
TUC

Post by TUC »

that of the charger is really a nice puzzle .. I tried at least 4 chargers all certified by 2A. The machine only recharges with one of these. unbelievable. I have perfectly understood that the calibration of my battery will be carried out with a full recharge which does not happen until total discharge. I have many dives in front of me.
Thanks for your suggestions
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Ehm, you don't need a full discharge first, just a charge to full. The OSTC electronics tracks the battery voltage und charging current, detects the end-of-charging state and then sets the SOC (state of charge) counter according to the selected battery type.