Failure to upgrade to FW 10.70

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Shinshiu

Failure to upgrade to FW 10.70

Post by Shinshiu »

Bonjour,

Mon OSTC Sport d'octobre 2020 est en version 10.68 anglais. J'ai suivi les instructions postées dans d'autres fils mais aucune n'a fonctionné.
Comme pour les autres, OSTConf télécharge et installe la 10.70 français avec succès mais l'ordinateur redémarre sur la 10.68 (cela a d'ailleurs effacé le logbook!).

J'ai vérifié le port bluetooth (COM4), mais la mise à jour échoue avec Subsurface, OSTC Companion et avec Tiny Bootloader:
OSTC Subsurface.png
OSTC Companion.png
OSTC Bootloader.png
Me reste-t-il de l'espoir?
Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

Hello,
My OSTC Sport dating from October 2020 has a 10.68 firmware (English version). I followed the instructions concerning FW updates in other threads but none has worked. As with other people, OSTConf successfully downloads and installs the 10.70 release (French version) but the computer reboots on 10.68 (incidentally resetting the logbook!)
I have checked the bluetooth port (COM4), but the update subsequently failed with Subsurface, OSTC Companion et avec Tiny Bootloader:
OSTC Subsurface.png
OSTC Companion.png
OSTC Bootloader.png
Any hope left?
Thanks for your help.
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Failure to upgrade to FW 10.70

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

This topic has been posted several times already, here is the solution: https://forum.heinrichsweikamp.com/view ... 189#p23189

I assume you have the unit not in the special bootloader mode:

1. Press and hold the right button when the "Play symbol" is shown (After inserting the battery and closing the battery cap) -> The bluetooth icon should appear

Regards,
Matthias
Last edited by heinrichsweikamp on Friday 16. July 2021, 12:37, edited 1 time in total.
Shinshiu

Post by Shinshiu »

Thank you Matthias,

How do you get into the bootloader mode? When I remove the battery and put it back, the computer simply reboots and displays the screen for the battery type?
Sorry to ruin your lunch time ;)
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

Press and hold the right button when the "Play symbol" is shown (Assuming normal display orientation of the OSTC sport)

regards,
Matthias
Shinshiu

Post by Shinshiu »

Problem solved! Thank you so much Matthias!

It's just that my German is very rusty so I only read the English version of your tutorial which omits the reset instruction to access the "play symbol". I remembered that the "play symbol" appeared after each failed update with OSTConf, so I started another one and simply followed the next steps of your tutorial once it appeared.

Once the 10.70 release was installed (it was the English version), I used OSTConf to update to the French version of 10.70 and it has worked!
Thanks a million for your immediate feedback and patience!