Problem while charging OSTC2

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Lecommandeur

Problem while charging OSTC2

Post by Lecommandeur »

Hi,

I have a very strange problem while charging my OSTC2 with the wireless pad. When I put the computer on the pad, it starts going by itself into menus frenetically : logbook, settings, etc. While doing this, it can even change settings, setting mode to apnea, change the gas config, etc. It happens almost every time I try to charge it, but some times it charges normally.

Does any one has an idea of the cause of this problem.

Claude.
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Problem while charging OSTC2

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Try a different USB power supply, please. And make sure to have a recent firmware running (Where buttons are deactivated while charging).

regards,
Matthias
Lecommandeur

Post by Lecommandeur »

Thanhs for your reply. I installed the very last firmware release (10.71) and tried 3 charger supplies tens of times. I succeeded only with one supply, but I had to try several times. What can I try more ?
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

The USB power supply needs to be capable of supplying >= 2A, which is far more than the USB standard. So look for a homespun supply with sufficient power. Most "high power" cell phone chargers won't do as the OSTC charging puck does not do the USB power negotiation protocol, especially
not the phone manufacturer's proprietary versions.
Lecommandeur

Post by Lecommandeur »

I tried a plain USB supply advertised as 2.1 Amperes. Same behavior. I decided to let it go. When I came back some time later, things were stabilized and it was charging normally. My gas setup was modified but I reset it and can live with that.
There is obviously a firmware bug that exhibits only with some specificity of the hardware. Is it possible to envisage that Weikamp will investigate on this problem in order to have it fixed in a future release of the firmware ?
Spacefish

Post by Spacefish »

can we have a "power puck" with an USB-C "socket" and USB-PD or a USB-PPS "trigger" electronic?
most cellphones / laptops nowerdays come with USB-C Chargers (or you have to buy them seperatly)..

Edit: https://www.mouser.de/ProductDetail/Wur ... Fexg%3D%3D damn 11€ just for the coil?.. So expensive..