OSTC Sport: Deco/saturation parameters automatically reset while changing the battery

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
Altrz

OSTC Sport: Deco/saturation parameters automatically reset while changing the battery

Post by Altrz »

Good morning,
Configuration: OSTC Sport - Firmware 10.71

I just come back from a liveaboard in Egypt and during the trip I needed to remplace the battery after 23 dives. The problem is that all the deco/saturation parameters were reset.
Is this the the expected behaviour ? I expected that these parameters were kept in memory while changing the battery.
This kind of behaviour is not very safe.

Thanks
Alain
Stardrowned

Re: OSTC Sport: Deco/saturation parameters automatically reset while changing the battery

Post by Stardrowned »

On my recent dive trip I experienced quite the same problem. Ended the first dive of the day normal, battery (Saft-cell) was not shown to be empty. Before second dive two hours later I could not turn on my computer, so I changed battery. After startup saturation data was lost, also the dive record in logbook from earlier that day.
Here the recorded battery data from subsurface:

Sa. 6. Nov. 2021 9:45: 3.15V , 57%
Sa. 6. Nov. 2021 13:22: 3.09V , 54%
So. 7. Nov. 2021 9:53: 3.01V , 50%
So. 7. Nov. 2021 13:05: 2.92V , 75% <- this is wierd, batterie life jumped to 75% according to subsurface
Mo. 8. Nov. 2021 ~10:00: dive record lost
Mo. 8. Nov. 2021 13:06: 3.33V , 98% new battery

Dives took place in warm water.
Edit: Firmware also 10.71

regards
Philipp
Stardrowned

Re: OSTC Sport: Deco/saturation parameters automatically reset while changing the battery

Post by Stardrowned »

New Firmware 10.73 was released. Seems there is a bugfix for our problem:

https://forum.heinrichsweikamp.com/vie ... p?t=22300
The following changes have been applied:
[10.73]
BUGFIX: Properly update desaturation time and tissue data after battery change (OSTC with user-replaceable batteries only)
NEW: Option to suppress non-critical warnings in dive mode
CHANGE: Do not present gas6 option in alternative layout (Switch to normal layout in order to configure the gas 6 during the dive)
CHANGE: Do not show RX portions of tank setup menu when there is no RX hardware
CHANGE: Low-level code improvements for performance
OSTC sport #10406 - FW 10.75