Possible bug found

The big one
Arno

Possible bug found

Post by Arno »

Today I made 2 deco dives (only small deco, but nevertheless deco) and where before I would also see the deco painted after downloading the dives to Divinglog, today on both dives the deco is shown in the logbook, but on both dives nothing is shown in Divinglog.

Could this be a divinglog problem or a problem with the software not giving the right data to divinglog?

Ps, this is still on fw 1.4.7
jlm

Re: Possible bug found

Post by jlm »

Last week I did 5 proper deco dives (using fw 1.4.8, including some things that I was testing, so not the official 1.4.8 from HW), and I see the deco both on the OSTC4 internal logbook, and when interfaced to Subsurface I see it there as well. I believe that Divinglog (as is Subsurface) is libdivecomputer based, so it would surprise me that its libdivecomputer related. As your OSTC4 shows the deco correctly, I'm tempted to say that that leaves Divinglog as the most likely source of a possible bug.

PS: I would definitely upgrade to 1.4.8 as it is way more stable than 1.4.7

--jan
Arno

Post by Arno »

Up to now I've had almost nothing but trouble upgrading and last time it needed to restart more than 10 times to go from the last beta to 1.4.7.
For me since 1.4.7 i've made about 15 dives all without any problems. I'm a little bit into the if it ain't broke don't fix it now.

I've read about spikes in the logbook with 1.4.7 but I haven't seen those so far....
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

I strongly recommend the update from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8. Since the font table does not change between these two versions update is as easy as in the past.

regards,
Matthias
Arno

Post by Arno »

Just crossed my fingers and started the update from 1.4.7 to 1.4.8. Took about 2 - 3 minutes (didn't time it really) and parts 1 and 3 where transferred and update was finished.
Now wait what happens in the water, hopefully not again a Sleep sleep sleep message, but so far everything looks good (keeping my fingers crossed until after a couple of dives).
heinrichsweikamp

That sounds good. Since part 2 (The fonts and graphics) were up-to-date with 1.4.7 already, the update only installs part 1 (firmware) and part 3 (RTE).

regards,
Matthias
Ingo Z

Post by Ingo Z »

Hello,

found a small bug not being critical:

FW 1.4.8 is reporting to be 1.0.8 in Subsurface (datalog per dive). 1.3.x reported it correctly (including being beta for 1.3.5).

Regards,

Ingo
Gruß,

Ingo
mnk

Post by mnk »

Ingo Z Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello,
>
> found a small bug not being critical:
>
> FW 1.4.8 is reporting to be 1.0.8 in Subsurface
> (datalog per dive). 1.3.x reported it correctly
> (including being beta for 1.3.5).
>
> Regards,
>
> Ingo

Yeah, same with me. Each time Subsurface suggests a necessary update.

Martin
OSTC4 #584
heinrichsweikamp

Hi,

Has been fixed already and will be part of the next release: https://bitbucket.org/heinrichsweikamp/ ... ch/default

Regards,
Matthias