Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892
--> OSTC4 ¦ 257 / 392 / 424 / 647/1324 Fischer

RTFM
heinrichsweikamp

Re: Motion control

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi,

Sorry for the delay here, Motion Control (Which is disabled by default) is kind of an experimental feature to toggle the center view in dive mode depending on the motion of the OSTC 4 (Without using the buttons).

Pitch move: Pitch the OSTC4 quickly by 90° to toggle the view (You get used to it)
Sector: different Pitch angles will show different views with the same view always in the same sector (Rather useless in the field, in my opinion)
Scroll: The view toggles while pitched to 90° (Forwards and backward toggle).
Off: My preference :D

regards,
Matthias
swissdiving

Post by swissdiving »

Well I will have to try that then...
😉
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892

RTFM
swissdiving

Post by swissdiving »

Alright.
Pitch Move:
Is ok but as you say. You have to get used to it.
Sector:
I couldn't really make that work
Scroll:
Would be good but once it starts scrolling I was only able to stop it wit the center button.

Idea is gut but requires some more development. One would have to be able to set the sensitivity...
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892

RTFM
Thorsten

Post by Thorsten »

Hi,

I am using the Pitch Move during my dives. As you said you need a little practise. The OSTC will look for a 1 second move in one direction and then 1 second move back to the starting position. Depending on the direction forward / backward moves through the menu should be possible.

The problem with sector and scroll detection is that they are using absolute angle values and need to be calibrated. Pressing the middle button while you are in your "prefered" diving position will set the center position.

Sector view:
The views will be displayed depending of the position of your arm. This works (after calibration) quite well... if you do not have much views activated (enabling / disabling is possible via menu while in dive mode). The sector size will decrease with the number of active views causing lots of "jumping" if you have more than 4 views active.

Scroll view: After calibration (with your arm in "normal" position) the views will toggle if you turn your arm.

An improvment could be to activate scroll and sector view only in case the arm was in stable position (e.g. 5 seconds) for a while and then taking that position as center... I will check if that a adequate solution...

I hope the explanations help.
Have fun,
Thorsten