Dive log issue in v2.50

Legacy OSTC's
bourgetel

Dive log issue in v2.50

Post by bourgetel »

Hello,

I have a really strange issue with my two OSTC computer9 well, mine and the on of my wife). Last week, we were in a diving trip, and did about 15 dives, but the logbook on the OSTC only shows the last 4 dives on both of them. When I donwload the dives using OSTCConfig, I indeed get the last 4 dives only, again on both of them.

According to the numbering of the dives in my directories, 13 dives are missing on one computer, and 10 on the other.

For the background, we have v2.50 firmware on both computers, CF20 set to 1s. Also, we recently changed the CF28 to rematch the real number of dive after making a dive without the OSTC's.

Do you have a clue about my issue? What shall I provide for the debug? If needed, I can dump the binaries and mail them.

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards
Bardass

Re: Dive log issue in v2.50

Post by Bardass »

how long were your dives ?
Bardass
scubatinoo

Post by scubatinoo »

bourgetel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For the background, we have v2.50 firmware on both
> computers, CF20 set to 1s.

Why did you change this to 1 second? Default is 10 seconds? So you have 10 times more depth data stored in your logbook then with default settings. This might limit your divenumber in the logbook. I guess you see only the last 4 dives in the logbook? So the older ones are overwritten by the dataflood of the last dives...
regards,
scubatinoo

> OSTC 2N 3705 & OSTC 2 18807 <
swissdiving

Post by swissdiving »

Changing the sample rate from the 10 seconds to 1 second definately reduces the space available for the amount of dives stored. That also depends on the depth and dive duration (deco etc.)
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892
--> OSTC4 ¦ 257 / 392 / 424 / 647/1324 Fischer

RTFM
bourgetel

Post by bourgetel »

Hello,

thank you for the quick answer.

Indeed, I forgot that I had a diminished by 10:1 the number of dives it can store. I have good reasons to want a high sampling rate, bu I could live with 5s or 3s, which is not as nasty for the computer. The total dive time is about 4h, which is the equivalent of 40 h of diving at this 10:1 ratio.
scubatinoo

Post by scubatinoo »

bourgetel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have good
> reasons to want a high sampling rate, bu I could
> live with 5s or 3s

I'm wondering about your reasons... Please tell me.

I'm happy with 20 seconds. The dive profile looks much smoother... :D
regards,
scubatinoo

> OSTC 2N 3705 & OSTC 2 18807 <
bourgetel

Post by bourgetel »

Basically, it is because I saw that once:

I should have traveled +1.97 and -1.52m, this is quite shaky. I always wondered how I could move so fast under water with my hand on a rope that is supposed to be mostly fixed! I guess that I went under some big wave, or there is an issue with the computer. So I want to have a smoother sampling to rule out the later, since I cannot believe in it.

Best regards,

Gabriel
swissdiving

Post by swissdiving »

Gabriel,

The sampling rate refers only to the log book and not to the (deco) calculation of the OSTC.

You don't really need to have such a high sample rate just to check whether the computer is functioning correctly. To get more details in the log, especially when you download it to some software can make sense.
But does it actually really matter that much?
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892
--> OSTC4 ¦ 257 / 392 / 424 / 647/1324 Fischer

RTFM