No-fly and desaturation time

Legacy OSTC's
Bradipo

No-fly and desaturation time

Post by Bradipo »

Hello,

I got the OSTC yesterday, I installed the latest firmware and I tried it immediately on a very short night dive. I did a RT of 20 minutes with a max depth of about 35m. At the end of the dive the display indicated a rather short desat time, and a shorter no-fly time, perfectly in line with CF13, which is set at the default value of 60.
What puzzles me is that the countdown was not linear, and the two timers arrived at 00:00 within minutes from each other, instead of the initial 90 or 120 minutes of difference between desat and no-fly indicated at the end of the dive (do not remember the exact values). At a certain point I switched on the computer and for a few minutes it indicated a no-fly time longer than the desat, but this changed back later.

It looked as if the 60% ratio between desat and no-fly was kept all the way through the countdown. I cannot prove it as I did not write down the timers' values at defined intervals, it was something I thought about only this morning. If it is so, then there is not much point in showing the two separate timers, as they will always reach zero together.

Am I missing something?
I know it is not a very important issue, as I never relied on the no-fly time displayed by a computer, but it still useful to understand how the desat time is calculated, for repetitive dives.
I will check the timers more carefully after the next dive, and I will write down some sample values during the desaturation time.

Thanks!
Giovanni