OSTC3 Tool

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
ClaudeDive

OSTC3 Tool

Post by ClaudeDive »

On a journey it is not easy to open the compartment battery with a coin because machining does not correspond, we risk to damage it especially when it is stuck with salt.
[left][/left]
On travel to take a large screwdriver isn't practical either,
[left][/left]
I propose (see 2 attached files - V1.04) a tool which makes it possible to open easily the compartment battery as well as the USB cover, (which can also be open with the Micro USB connector, but fragile for a blocking even with a weak force)
[left][/left]
This tool perhaps manufactured by you even, but it would be well to propose it included with OSTC3 or accessory.
[left][/left]
Regards
[left][/left]

[img]file.php?2,file=508,filename=OSTC3_Tool ... 04.jpghttp://[/img]
[left][/left]

[img]file.php?2,file=509,filename=OSTC3_Tool_1.5_-_V1.04.jpg[/img]
Cheers ;)
ClaudeDive ><)))))°> OSTC3 #2430 <°(((((><
ClaudeDive

Re: OSTC3 Tool

Post by ClaudeDive »

I updated the drawing above travel tool to open easily battery compartment and USB cover
[left][/left]
I propose 2 plans of the tool with 2 thicknesses of sheet stainless 1.5 mm and 2 mm.
[left][/left]
The tool with thickness 2mm is more specifically adapted to the cover of the OSTC3.
[left][/left]
The tool with 1.5 mm is adapted perfectly to the OSTC3 but also perhaps more general-purpose,
[left][/left]
Regards
[left][/left]
Cheers ;)
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

I inserted the image into the text. Looks nice - but a € 5ct coin and a micro USB cable do the job, too ;)
ClaudeDive

Post by ClaudeDive »

Hi Matthias,
[left][/left]
Thanks for your answer, but as I have say in my message above, the cover of battery compartment isn't machined with the diameter of a part like that of 5 cts€.
[left][/left]
The cover isn't adapted and we are likely to deteriorate it,
[left][/left]
This part is too much small besides in diameter for an effort if we must unscrew the aluminium threading which sticks or the salt which dried even after the rinsing of OSTC3 for that it would be necessary to use a grip with the 5 cts€ what is also not practical,
[left][/left]
For the USB cover, the use of USB cable is fragile even for a moderated tightening,
[left][/left]
As you understood I prefer to use tool OSTC3 above.
[left][/left]
Regards,
[left][/left]
Cheers ;)