OSTC 3 update debian

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
hosch

OSTC 3 update debian

Post by hosch »

Hi,

ich wollte meinen OSTC 3 updaten, habe allerdings kein Windows. JDiveLog erkennt aber scheinbar den Dreier nicht

Jemand einen Tipp, oder schafft es unter Debian problemlos?

Hi,

I tried to update my OSTC 3 in Debian. But it seems that JDiveLog only work up to Version 2.

Some ideas, or someone without problems?
heinrichsweikamp

Re: OSTC 3 update debian

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hallo,

Der OSTC3 kann aktuell nur mit dem "OSTC Companion" geupdated werden, der ist nur für MAC und Windows verfügbar. Es gibt allerdings schon überlegungen den Updateprozess auch für Linux-Benutzer zu ermöglichen (Über Subsurface).

Gruß,
Matthias
hosch

Post by hosch »

Hi,

diese Antwort habe ich befürchtet. Windows ist bei mir momentan leider nicht verfügbar. Muss mir also wohl bei einem Bekannten für einige Minuten einen Rechner borgen. ;)

Update via subsurface wäre natürlich ein Traum!

Grüße

Holger
glance

Post by glance »

I don't really understand german, but google translate helped me a bit.

I currently run the OSTC Companion app via wine to upgrade my ostc3. The MSI installer is a bit broken, but after wacking it with a hammer i manage to extract it and it works.

I have bin trying to contact support for the ostc-planner folks to try to help them port the app to linux. Its Qt-based already and the serial part should be a quite quick fix to get it running on Linux.

Subsurface currently doesn't support any FW update of any OSTC computers, but libdivecomputer supports fw updates of the ostc2-based ones. There is a simple cmd-line utility but no gui.
There are plans to wire this up in the ui, but i haven't seen any work done.

The Ostc3 fw updates isn't supported in libdivecomputer at the moment.