OSTC3 - Simulation mode

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
deepadrenalin

OSTC3 - Simulation mode

Post by deepadrenalin »

I am a newbie (not in diving) and have 2 questions.
1. In simulation mode i can change the gas during the dive from air to Nitrox or oxygen, although Nitrox and oxygen in gas list are deactivated. Is this right and is it the same behavior in real dive mode?
I kind of thought when a gas of the gas list has the attribute deactivated, i can't choose it.
2. What is the difference between FutureTTS and TTS?
Thanks for your help
Jörg
www.deepadrenalin.de
Clownfish

Re: OSTC3 - Simulation mode

Post by Clownfish »

I can answer 2.

TTS is how many minutes from now till you can surface if you decide to start your ascent now. It takes into account the ascent rate from current depth and any decompression required.

FutureTTS is a similar thing, but calculated if you stay at the same depth for x more minutes. For example, on my OSTC 2N I have this set as 5 minutes, so it shows a estimate of what the the TTS will be in 5 minutes time if I stay at the current depth.

For example, if you are at 40 metres and you have been down 15 minutes and the TTS says 10 minutes, it means you will have 4 minutes of ascent and 6 minutes of decompression. At the same time, the FutureTTS might read 18 minutes. This would mean if you stay 5 more minutes, you will need to do an additional 8 minutes decompression (that is a total of 13 minutes deco and 5 minutes ascent).

Hope this explains it.
Michael
Sydney
Australia
OSTC 2 11528
deepadrenalin

Post by deepadrenalin »

Thanks Michael,
Now i unterstand the adjustment of the parameter FutureTTS in menu to. :)
Greetings from Berlin
Germany
www.deepadrenalin.de
sailor

Post by sailor »

I can answer 1.

For the TTS calculation only gases set to active will be considered.
Inactive gases can be selected but will not be considered for the TTS calculation.
It is also possible to define and use any other further additional gas underwater.

Reiner