switching to O2 at 6m, quicker way ?

OSTC's running hwOS sport or tech
tn.norway@gmail.com

switching to O2 at 6m, quicker way ?

Post by tn.norway@gmail.com »

Hei, I have set the deco gass at 6m to be O2. When I arrive at 6m The menu is blinking and I manually have to set the O2 gass. But her comes my point I have to press 4 times on the computer to be able to switch to deco gass. I have memorized the button sequenze to press AS NOW THE TEXT SIZE IS TO SMALL FOR ME TOO SEE...which is my second point. Sequenze is 1 (L), 2 (R),1 (L),1 (R). If you press the button fully in...

Are there any easier way to change gass under a dive ?

Ideally there should be only 1 press to acknowledge the gass change switch recommendation suggested by the computer based on the initial settings/configuration made before the dive.

Please comment or advise ?
heinrichsweikamp

Re: switching to O2 at 6m, quicker way ?

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

tn.norway@gmail.com Wrote:
> Are there any easier way to change gass under a
> dive ?

No, not yet but we're considering a shortcut for the recommended ( "Better Gas" ) gas when reaching the switch depth. I think this will be available in one of the next releases.

Regards,
Matthias
tn.norway@gmail.com

Hei Mattias.
I had a dive now at 65 meter where decomp gass was preprogrammed to be 100 o2 at 6 meter. When arriving to 6 meter depth it start to blink to the bottom left "AIR" . I watched the decompression time given before making the switch to change gass to 100% O2. After I changed the gass to 100% O2 and it said O2 at the left panel - the decompression time stayed the same ?. Now I get a little bite confused. Is it so that when it is preconfigured with 100% O2 at 6 meter it will give me this decomp time/table so I do not need actually to make any changes to the computer i.e switch gas ?
heinrichsweikamp

When set as a "Deco" Gas with a change depth the OSTC assumes you are going to change to this gas. So, no change in the TTS here. Disable the change depth and the OSTC will recalculate the deco after your gas change.

Regards,
Matthias
heinrichsweikamp

Hi,

Gas change in the OSTC3 is now simplified a lot (With the next release). When a better gas is indicated:

[img]file.php?6,file=567,filename=gaschange1.png[/img]

One press on the left button (Menu) will propose the better gas:

[img]file.php?6,file=568,filename=gaschange2.png[/img]

Confirm with ENTER and the gas is selected.

[img]file.php?6,file=569,filename=gaschange3.png[/img]

I think it's now the fastest way to change a gas.

regards,
Matthias
heinrichsweikamp

This feature is now included in the 1.44beta (Just uploaded).

Regards,
Matthias
tn.norway@gmail.com

Hei Mattias
This looks very good indeed. I did have some struggle to establish connection to the com port on windows 7 and 64 bits. Used the software to test the port and it was connection on com port 10. I read through the forum and saw similar issue, but I found it hard to grasp and find which driver I should download and use from Robert Anggermayr site. Any idea ?
tn.norway@gmail.com

SORRY !!!! I pressed on the SETTINGS - WHEEL MENUE TO THE LEFT, AND THEN SELECTED THE COM PORT 10. EVERYTHING OK !!!!!!! (:P)
tn.norway@gmail.com

Update and everything went beautiful. Thanks for very good and fast service.
(tu)