OSTC 2N Battery Problem

Legacy OSTC's
Touchwood

OSTC 2N Battery Problem

Post by Touchwood »

Hi,

Serial #2791.

I have a problem with my battery. I haven't been able to dive for two months however I have kept the battery topped up so it doesn't run out entirely.

Last Sunday I had to travel to the US and charged the battery before leaving. Today I lifted the computer to change gas settings for today's dive and the OSTC wouldn't switch on. I connected it to a charger and it then switched on but the charge shown for the battery was around 3.3V. I noticed that the time/date information was incorrect so had a look in the battery information screen and it had the following readings:
Cycles (0)
Last complete: 00.00.00
Lowest VBatt: 3.313V
Total dives: 96 (which is correct)

Then, while I had it conneted to the charger, the screen went black and some info about MD2 Hash was shown on screen. It was only there for a few seconds and I didn't get to read it properly but the computer then rebooted.

I have it on charge now for about one hour and the charge now reads at 3.93V

The battery used to last a couple of months between charges and I'm concerned it is now on it's way out as it seems now that it is going from full/empty in the space of a few days and not being used during that time.

[edit] I've now had it on charge for two hours and it doesn't seem to be able to make it past 3.97V

Have you any advice? Does it need a new battery?

Regards

Dave
OSTC 2N #2791
Clownfish

Re: OSTC 2N Battery Problem

Post by Clownfish »

No need to charge if not using for a few months. No answer for your questions though.
Michael
Sydney
Australia
OSTC 2 11528
heinrichsweikamp

Post by heinrichsweikamp »

Hi Dave,

What firmware are you using?

regards,
Matthias
Touchwood

Post by Touchwood »

heinrichsweikamp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Dave,
>
> What firmware are you using?
>
> regards,
> Matthias

I'm using v2.90 Matthias. Thanks.

Dave
OSTC 2N #2791
Touchwood

Post by Touchwood »

I'm going to have to send the computer back to you for repair/replacement battery, I think.

It was charged fully last week but wouldn't turn on on the boat prior to this evening's dive.

When I got home I connected the charge lead to power the unit up and the battery was showing only 3.11v

Dave
OSTC 2N #2791
swissdiving

Post by swissdiving »

Send Matthias an email.
Cheers,

Hansjoerg

--> 2N ¦ 2201 / 3892
--> OSTC4 ¦ 257 / 392 / 424 / 647/1324 Fischer

RTFM